Tacx Neo 2T no resistance, Can I fix it?

Moderator: nzuraw

victorbarbosa30
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Brazil

Hey everyone, how's it going?

So I was zwifting as usual when suddenly the Neo 2T lost all resistance and stopped reading power on Zwift. After a while, a burnt smell came up.

Now the trainer provides no resistance and no LEDs light up, but when I plug it on power, it makes this electric noise. Please watch with sound on: https://imgur.com/gallery/D3J7BZC

Is there anything I can do myself? I bought it in the USA and took it to my home country (Brazil) and Garmin support tells me I need to ship it to the USA so they will give me a new one, but the shipping cost + taxes equals to me buying a new neo 2t.

Has anybody experienced this before with their Tacx Neo's? Can I do something to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I doubt there is anything you can do. This appears to be severe damage. So, it sounds like it is under warranty and Garmin will give you a new one. Have you asked Garmin if there is a local dealer you can take it to so the damage can be confirmed. I am assuming Garmin will pay for shipping a new unit. Hard to imagine that the cost of shipping would be very high. Perhaps Garmin would let you ship just the motor part of the unit. Why would there be taxes as this is a warranty claim.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
cookdnbombd
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

victorbarbosa30 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:56 pm Hey everyone, how's it going?

So I was zwifting as usual when suddenly the Neo 2T lost all resistance and stopped reading power on Zwift. After a while, a burnt smell came up.

Now the trainer provides no resistance and no LEDs light up, but when I plug it on power, it makes this electric noise. Please watch with sound on: https://imgur.com/gallery/D3J7BZC

Is there anything I can do myself? I bought it in the USA and took it to my home country (Brazil) and Garmin support tells me I need to ship it to the USA so they will give me a new one, but the shipping cost + taxes equals to me buying a new neo 2t.

Has anybody experienced this before with their Tacx Neo's? Can I do something to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Did you manage to find a solution to this? I’ve had my Neo 2t for 31 months and exactly the same thing has just happened. Sudden loss of resistance, burning smell no metrics, powered on again and no lights just a high speed fan. I’m worried it’s a general fault with the unit and I’m outside of warrantee so don’t want to fork out for a replacement unit if it’s only going to last 2.5 years!