Tacx I-Flow

Moderator: nzuraw

LitaliaFC
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hello all,

I have tried everything, so hopefully someone here can help me.

I have bought a second-hand Tacx I-Flow T2230 Multiplayer with a T1932 VR, to train indoors this winter. But for some reason, I can't seem to get it to connect to my laptop/phone/tablet. I would've assumed this would be possible via bluetooth, but maybe i have an older version. The only connection I would like to make is to use the Tacx with Zwift, i won't need to use it for the Tacx trainer software.

When i connect the T1932 VR (https://all4bikes.be/shop/nl/trainer-on ... d469f7f9eb) to my laptop, it doesn't find the trainer on Zwift. I also received a DVD to install the software, but i can't get past the licensing menu, as the code i received from the previous owner has expired.

Is there anyway to connect the I-Flow to my laptop? Do I have to buy a (different) ANT+? Or can I connect the T1932 VR with my laptop in some other way?

Hopefully someone can help me get through the winter on my bike :D
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

The T2230 is an old USB-connected trainer. It does not use any "Smart" wireless technology like Bluetooth or ANT+, so basically you are mostly out of luck. This trainer was mostly intended for use with Tacx Trainer Software (TTS), which is now obsolete and discontinued. TTS cannot be installed on PC's anymore because it requires a licensing server which is now shut down. There is quite a bit of discussion on TTS on this forum, so if you want to learn more, you can look at the various posts.

Your Flow has never worked with Zwift as far as I know.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
LitaliaFC
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

@mcorn

Thank you for your reply!

It seemed I was indeed out of luck, but I have done some digging. Apparently, someone wrote a piece of software to connect USB-Trainers with Zwift, via an ANT+ Dongle. I am waiting for the delivery of the ANT+ Dongle to test this, but if anyone is interested, here is the link:

[url]https://github.com/WouterJD/FortiusANT/wiki
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Wouter is a member here and has posted details on the forum already.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

There are a couple of approaches to converting a USB connection to ANT+, but I think this is something for people who enjoy doing a lot of technology fiddling. Most people are not interested in messing with this kind of thing. I also think the feedback on the success of these approaches is mixed at best.

You can also use the older Tacx trainers with the pre-TTS software (the Fortius software). It requires a 32-bit operating system in order to work. Again, this is mostly for people who like spending their time messing around with computer stuff.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
hogda96
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Norway

Did the Ant+ dongle work?
I was planning on buying this adapter, to connect my Iflow to swift.
Wahoo KICKR Direct Connect - Anyone with expirience on that?