New Tacx Flux 2

Moderator: nzuraw

RMS1964
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hello. I posted recently about not being able to connect my Bushido to Bluetooth. I've not resolved that yet, mainly because the Bushido started to grind and was kindly replaced by a brand new Flux S. It arrived today. Set up looks easy. However... the free hub is really stiff. Does anyone have any advice? There's an odd symbol on the flywheel of perpendicular arrows with 'remove before use'. What? Anyone know what this means? It's an odd symbol, not referenced in the manual. There's a black plastic cap, which must come off. But is anything else required? There's also a washer listed in the contents but which doesn't appear anywhere in the manual guide. Any help appreciated. Ta
RMS1964
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Apologies. Typo. I meant Flux S. Tacx were very good at exchanging for the (second) faulty Bushido. I'm on my 3rd trainer since 16th June but still not up and running!
RMS1964
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

We'll. I think I've identified the problem. The locking nut / axle mount closes directly onto the bearing in the free hub. It looks like there's a spacer / washer missing. I've taken photos to chase up with Tacx. My quest for fault-free training continues. ..
RMS1964
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Tacx are sending the missing part.....a black spacer. Bit of a worry, as they have said in the past that they were upping their manufacturing quality assurance.
FatherOLeary
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: New Zealand

Hi,

I realise your post is an old one but did you ever find out about the 'remove before use' thingy?

I can't find anything anywhere in the manual or on line

Chris