Tacx Flow Problems

Moderator: nzuraw

astralrobotpete
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi, having a few problems with a tacx flow

It connects to zwift and the tacx desktop app ok. It shows cadence and power information for a couple of seconds then goes to zero.

Bought from ebay so could be a faulty unit?
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Have you tried placing the unit nearer the bluetooth receiver in your PC? Could be interference?

If you are using a BT dongle, place it in a different USB port.

If you have a different USB BT dongle, try that.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I can't recall if there have been any firmware releases for the Flow Smart, but I would check it with the Tacx Utility App to see if any are available (the Utility App is a mobile app, not Windows). You can also use the Utility App to check the functioning of the unit.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
CADMAN_2013
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

Same issue here. I can find the trainer with either the app or my Garmin edge 1030. It connect via ANT+ perfectly. For a while it works fine. I get resistance, I can read the speed, cadence or power on the bike computer. But after a minute or so the resistance feedback stops, speed goes to zero, power drops... It seems to loose connection, but that's not the case. It must be something else.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

CADMAN_2013 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:22 pm Same issue here. I can find the trainer with either the app or my Garmin edge 1030. It connect via ANT+ perfectly. For a while it works fine. I get resistance, I can read the speed, cadence or power on the bike computer. But after a minute or so the resistance feedback stops, speed goes to zero, power drops... It seems to loose connection, but that's not the case. It must be something else.
I would test it using only the Tacx Utility App. Be sure nothing else is connected If that confirms that you staying connected, but if the brake has no resistance, speed, cadence and cadence are at 0, it is likely a hardware problem with the brake. If it is under warranty (3 years as I recall), contact either the dealer you bought it from or Garmin Tacx Support for a warranty claim.

I would also run the same test using a Bluetooth and not ANT+ connection to see if you get the same result. A USB Bluetooth dongle is very inexpensive.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA