Use your GPX in your Tacx Flow Smart without subscriptions (Swift, TACX, Bkool, etc.)

Moderator: nzuraw

caplechu
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

Hi,

I've been reading different forums and manuals from Garmin and Tacx trying to be able to load a route (GPX) that I have previously made outdoors from my Fenix ​​5 watch and pass the altimetry and GPS data to the Tacx Flow Smart so that it adjusts the hardness parameters to the loaded route and be able to repeat it in an indoor training. The truth is that from many forums that I've read I don't have clarity if it could be done or not, and I hope you could help me.
Sorry because I was following a Spanish video to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvqdJZ4 ... BeFinisher, the main questions are:
  • 1) Could I do it with my Garmin Fenix 5 or it's only available with Garmin Edge models?
  • 2) If it's not possible, is there any way of doing it with other applications?

To be more specific about the steps that I've carried out, I've already made the connectivity between the Garmin Fenix ​​5 and the Tacx Flow Smart being that:
  • The connectivity of the Tacx Flow Smart device to the Fenix ​​5 works correctly and on the clock I can see the speed, power and the rest of the data generated by the trainer as I make my indoor workouts.
  • What I haven't achieved is that the watch, when loading a route already executed in the open air, sends the Tacx Flow Smart the slope adjustment according to the parameters of the route that I have loaded. I can put the route on the clock, in fact I enter the mode of racing against the time I did in the day I worked that route, but the trainer doesn't change the hardness when for example I find a slope.
In several manuals there is reference to whether the ANT+ and Bluetooth protocol that the watch has is unidirectional or bidirectional (in various forums it is indicated that with Garmin Edge devices it is possible) but I have not been able to find more information about it with the Fenix 5.

Thank you very much in advance!!!!
César!!