Neo2T Not Wanting to Switch to BT after ANT+

Moderator: nzuraw

mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Yesterday, I briefly used my Neo2T with ANT+ software (it worked fine). After that, I tried to use it with a BT connection on TDA. But despite doing a bunch of stuff (rebooting PC, rebooting Neo, restarting TDA numerous times, etc.), it would not make a BT connection. TDA would see the Neo while doing a hardware search, but it would not connect (no blue LED on Neo). I gave up after a while. If it did not work this morning, I was intending to try a factory reset with Tacx Utility even though the Utility App alsorequires a BT connection as well.

However, this morning it connected by BT without any problem. I have not had this problem in the past and have moved between BT and ANT+ with the Neo (including using TDA). So, I am not quite sure what the issue is. I think the Neo retains settings for some period. It is probably a large cap power memory backup and it takes a while for it to drain. All of this is probably because the Neo is designed to work both with and without an external power supply. It would be nice to have a reset button on the trainer.

I recall someone else reporting a similar BT connection issue and having received advice from Garmin Support to do a factory reset with the Utility App.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Lord Keystroke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Finland

Have you realised that Neo2T only accepts one bluetooth connection at a time. I could not get the brake working until I switched bluetooth off of my iPhone, with which it worked just fine.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Lord Keystroke wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:05 pm Have you realised that Neo2T only accepts one bluetooth connection at a time. I could not get the brake working until I switched bluetooth off of my iPhone, with which it worked just fine.
Yes, I am aware that a single pairing is generally the limit for BT (unless you have a multi-channel device, which Tacx trainers are not). But my post was over a year ago. Since then, connecting has improved greatly with no real problems in the last 6 months.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA