Flow Smart making noise

Moderator: nzuraw

jack01986
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Ireland

Having done some research it seems that noises are common enough for these with the wheel contact point needing to be fixed. I’m not so sure that this is the same problem. See video at the link below easier to listen to it than describe it.

https://youtu.be/jWvk4CIBkLU
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I would not call that a typical Flow Smart noise, Hopefully, it is not some internal to the brake itself, which would signify a serious problem. I would look for something wrong with the tire or possibly some tire rubber or other material stuck to the stainless spindle or wedged between the spindle and the housing around the spindle. If that is the problem the noise should change as the speed of the tire changes.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
jack01986
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Ireland

Thanks for the reply Michael. I'll have a look, it might be worth disassembling it to see if there is anything caught. Hopefully it is something simple.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

jack01986 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:10 am Thanks for the reply Michael. I'll have a look, it might be worth disassembling it to see if there is anything caught. Hopefully it is something simple.
This is not something that is that easy to disassemble. Look carefully at the tire and the stainless steel spindle. If they are clean, they you can try a think piece of plastic to see if there is something between the spindle and the housing.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA