Spoiled myself rotten....

Moderator: nzuraw

nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Ah... who says retail therapy doesn't work long term? lol

Just got my NeoBike and loving it, flipping awesome. Relegated my 6 year old Neo to my kids and to on of my training buddies (he's lost 70Kg since riding). We're riding together indoors using the NeoBike, Neo, Flow Smart and an old Bkool Sport (13 years old), on TTS4 local network. Living the dream!!
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

Do you use LANracing with or against each other?
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Yeap - LanRacing with 4 of us - works well on RLV and VR modes.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
wilf
USER_FLAG: Germany

That sounds good - have fun ...
TomND
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Hi Nic,

I am about to obtain some retail therapy myself. I am deciding between the Tacx Neo Bike and the Kickr Bike. My first choice would be the Tacx bike because I have been really impressed with my Neo 2T. However, I really like the cockpit setup with the Kickr Bike - almost identical to a real (outside) road bike with normal shifters, hoods, stem, bars, etc. Did you consider anything besides the Neo Bike and, if you did, what made you settle on the Neo Bike?

The squarish brake levers and hoods and the sharp corner crease where the horizontal part of the hood meets the vertical part have put me off a bit. (See picture 1 below). Do you find that they are as comfortable as normal hoods with more rounded corners and a smoother transition between the horizontal and vertical part of the hood? (See Picture 2 below). I generally ride on the hoods with my fingers wrapped around the top of the brake levers. All the corners on the Tacx bike hoods and levers seem that they would be uncomfortable.

Also, putting the tablet in the provided tablet mount would block the view of the TV screen - lower on the wall and angled up. All of the fixed structure in front of the Tacx handlebars really limits the options for tablet placement. (See picture 3 below). I know you don't need to mount the fans and tablet holder, but then where do you put the tablet?

Of course, no shop around here has one to look at. They are all pre-sold.

If anyone has any thoughts or experience on this choice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tom
Tacx Bike hoods.jpg
Tacx Bike hoods.jpg (26.78 KiB) Viewed 10144 times
Kickr Cockpit.jpg
Kickr Cockpit.jpg (82.03 KiB) Viewed 10144 times
Tacx Bike Cockpit.jpg
Tacx Bike Cockpit.jpg (77.9 KiB) Viewed 10144 times