Tacx T2200 (T220017) calibration

Moderator: nzuraw

NeilB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi all
A newbie question - -
I’m recovering from a disc herniation (walking again) and managed to get hold of a used Tacx T220017 (that’s what it says on the box).
I think it’s physically set up OK but I can’t get it to calibrate.
I don’t think this model connects to a smartphone. There’s no mention in the manual.

On the bar mounted control panel I go through the reset (press both outer buttons together for 10 sec) and after setting weight m, units etc I end up on the screen with “calibration” at the top and a zero at the bottom
Pressing the up button as instructed changes the display to Speed with dotted lines at the bottom.
Now I ride for 3+ minutes as hard as I can (quite an effort in my condition and I’ve no idea if I am going over 30 km.h) but the next calibration screen never appears.
Should the actual speed be indicated?
The (bald Michelin) tyre is pretty hard (over 100 psi) and the friction (roller pressure) seems about right.
Any ideas please?

Maybe I don’t even need to calibrate just now and I can ride on standard settings?

Thanks lots
I’m hoping to be pedalling outside again one day if I can get my rehab right.
Last edited by NeilB on Fri May 07, 2021 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Not quite sure which model you have. It might be a Bushido Smart. There should be a sticker on the brake itself that shows the model number. There should also be a sticker on the handlebar unit. It would help to provide that information.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
NeilB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi
Thanks for the tips
On the handlebar display unit I have:
TACX FLOW WIT T2202

On the brake I have:
Tack Flow Multiplayer T1901

On the box I have:
T220017

I don’t think it’s “Smart” there’s no mention of a mobile app in the manual.

Stay safe out there.
Neil
F0728D4D-ED91-4B7E-8C5C-8CCEB6E0E256.jpeg
F0728D4D-ED91-4B7E-8C5C-8CCEB6E0E256.jpeg (199.69 KiB) Viewed 9462 times
Attachments
B97DBF6D-D7EE-42BB-937C-7C8D7E576898.jpeg
B97DBF6D-D7EE-42BB-937C-7C8D7E576898.jpeg (89.93 KiB) Viewed 9462 times
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

The T2202 handlebar unit is a standalone readout (see picture below). It will not interface with any computer at all. You unit is not a "Smart" trainer (which refers to ANT+ and Bluetooth capability.) If you want to use any software with this trainer (assuming you want to do all the tech work described elsewhere), you would have to find a computer interfaced control, like the T1932. This can be a bit difficult to find, but as these trainers are viewed by more users as obsolete, some used units may pop up at cheap prices, like the one you bought.

Here are links for the manual for this trainer and a parts drawing. The first link is a detailed operating manual for the handlebar unit.

https://www.manualscat.com/en/tacx-flow-t2200-manual

https://www.qbp.com/diagrams/tech_conte ... o_1108.pdf

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/13151 ... e=6#manual

T2202.jpg
T2202.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 9457 times
Michael Corn
NeilB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Yep that’s my handlebar unit.
Thanks for the links, very useful
I don't want to connect a computer.
So, back to my original question - I can't get past the 'calibration' stage on page 4 of this manual:
https://www.manualscat.com/en/tacx-flow-t2200-manual

Folowingthe instructions, on the bar mounted control panel I go through the reset (press both outer buttons together for 10 sec) and, after setting weight, units etc. I end up on the screen with “calibration” at the top and a zero at the bottom

Pressing the up button, as instructed changes the display to "Speed "with dotted lines at the bottom.
Should the actual speed be indicated during this process, it isn't?

Now I ride [as instructed] for 3+ minutes as hard as I can (quite an effort in my condition and I’ve no idea if I am going over 30 km.h] but the next calibration screen never appears.
I was expecting a notification that I had pedalled long enough and could now stop pedalling to calibrate
- maybe that doesn’t happen?

Do I just pedal to 30 KM/h and stop pedalling - THEN the calibration screen should appear.
The manual wasn’t written by someone who understood that every step should be described.

The (bald Michelin) tyre is pretty hard (over 100 psi) and the friction (roller pressure) seems about right.
Any ideas please?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Below are the instructions from p. 6 of the manual. You do have to stop pedaling when STOP appears on the screen. Are you saying STOP never appears? It should not take 3 minutes of pedaling. It should probably take no more than 30 seconds to get up to speed and then stop. This is the same calibration procedure used in many Tacx trainers.

Not sure if speed appears or not while on the calibration screen (I would assume it should appear). But you should be able to check if speed works on other screens. You should not have to calibrate to test speed on other screens. If speed is not working, then there may be something wrong with either the controller or the brake. I would check the 6 conductor cable between the brake and controller. Looks for corrosion on the cable or the female connectors are both ends. It is not a standard telephone cable. I believe it has straight-through wiring rather than telephone cross-over. You can also try resetting the controller by removing the batteries.

One more thing. Do you have the cadence sensor hooked up? I can't recall if the handlebar unit needs a cadence signal in order to work.

If you send me a personal message on this forum with your email address, I can send you a PDF of the manual, which I have.

Brake calibration
The calibration value 0 appears at the bottom. You start the brake calibration with the Up arrow,
which causes three dashes to appear at the bottom of the display. Cycle at a speed above 30 km/h
(or 19 mi/h) until the word STOP appears. The moment you stop, the Flow computer measures the
deceleration of the rear wheel and the new calibration value appears on the display.
If the calibration fails (e.g. because you began pedalling during the measurement), ERROR appears on the display.
You can start the calibration again with the Up arrow. You can set the calibration value to 0 with the Down arrow.
Use MODE to confirm the settings and switch to the training display.
Michael Corn
NeilB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi Michael

Even tho I've not calibrated, I just plug it in and the whole thing seems OK on default settings its reading speed and cadence (yes I have the cadence sensor but it did work without) .

So I reset and after setting weight worth I get to "Calibrate"
After pressing the up arrow I get 'speed' at the top of the screen and 3 dashes at bottom
I have the printed manual which says pedal for 3 minutes!

SO I pedal away and the screen is just Speed and the 3 dashes. It doesn’t change.
[I was expecting a speed reading, that would be useful but - maybe thats as it should be]

Even when I pedalled for 3 mins pretty fast "speed" never changed at all and certainly not to to "STOP"
I think I need to pedal faster
my sciatica pain is stopping me pedalling as hard as I'd like.

thanks for helping
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

The 3 minutes is just a warm-up period to ensure the calibration is reasonably accurate. After it is warm, you should be able to do the calibration quickly. But you do have to get the speed high enough. I would be surprised that even with your sciatica issue that you wouldn't be able to get it fast enough.

I sent you my documentation by email.
Michael Corn
NeilB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

:thumbsup: