Maximum power (model independent)

Moderator: nzuraw

SlowFox
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

I was just discussing different trainers, their construction principles and advantages/disadvantages elsewhere. At some point the maximum power was mentioned, and it turned out that all except me assumed the maximum wattage to represent a permanent value (whereas I understand it as a peak power; in my eyes e.g. the Neo 2T simply can't be able to dissipate 2.2kW).

Is there any detailed specification available? I searched for quite a while but always got stuck with "2200 Watt" without any further details (same for all other models I looked at).
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

SlowFox wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:01 pm I was just discussing different trainers, their construction principles and advantages/disadvantages elsewhere. At some point the maximum power was mentioned, and it turned out that all except me assumed the maximum wattage to represent a permanent value (whereas I understand it as a peak power; in my eyes e.g. the Neo 2T simply can't be able to dissipate 2.2kW).

Is there any detailed specification available? I searched for quite a while but always got stuck with "2200 Watt" without any further details (same for all other models I looked at).
Quite a bit of discussion of power testing of the Neo2T here:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/11/tac ... eview.html

As the author points out, these mega-level maximum wattage discussions do not have any real world importance for anyone except a few gorillas on the planet.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
SlowFox
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

mcorn wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:49 pmAs the author points out, these mega-level maximum wattage discussions do not have any real world importance for anyone except a few gorillas on the planet
Totally true, and I am aware of that - but haven't you ever had that type of academic discussion far beyond every practical purpose? :-)