Tacx Flux S garage minimal temperature ??

Moderator: nzuraw

rick8245
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hi

The last 12 years I have been using the Fortius and the roller was always in the garage also during the winter period
I kept he motorbrake in the house.

I now have a Tacx Flux S and I was wondering if i can leave this in the garage too during the winter.
Does anybody use the Flux S also in the garage during winter ?
And if so. Can you leave the Flux S in the garage ? and what is the minimal temperature in the garage for using the Flux S without harming the device ??
or do have to bring it inside after a training because of all the electronic parts ??

Please share your experiences with me.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Rick8245
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I am not aware of any temperature limitations. I am assuming you are not talking about ultra cold conditions. Electronics work fine in cold temperatures. I would think the Flux would do better than the Fortius in varying temperatures as it is a direct drive rather than a tire on a roller. I can see that cold temperatures could affect the Fortius calibration quite a bit. The greases used in the bearings of the Flux should work fine at colder temperatures as well.

If you are worried, you could contact Garmin/Tacx Support and ask them. I would specify the lowest temperature you anticipate in the garage when it is being used.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
rick8245
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Micheal,

Thanks for your answer. I contacted them too.

If have an answer I will drop it here too
rick8245
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I got the answer of Garmin/Tacx and it is also mentioned in the manual but I must have read a several times over it.

The temperature range is from : -20 celsius
to: +55 celsius

So I can use it in my garage :D :nod: