Green LED does not light in Tacx i-magic hardware - malfunction?

Moderator: nzuraw

EV_fan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Poland

Hi,
my Tacx Fortius software can't see Tacx hardware (i-magic) connected by USB to 32-bit laptop
after I installed Win7 32-bit instead of previous Vista 32-bit .
I noticed also that green LED doesn't light on Tacx head (i-magic is "green" 32-bit hardware version).
Is it symptom of Tacx i-magic hardware malfunction or source is only in reinstalled software?
Please help.
Chris
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

EV_fan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:22 pm Hi,
my Tacx Fortius software can't see Tacx hardware (i-magic) connected by USB to 32-bit laptop
after I installed Win7 32-bit instead of previous Vista 32-bit .
I noticed also that green LED doesn't light on Tacx head (i-magic is "green" 32-bit hardware version).
Is it symptom of Tacx i-magic hardware malfunction or source is only in reinstalled software?
Please help.
Chris
If you are not getting a green LED, it likely means the necessary USB driver is not working. (The yellow LED shows a good USB connection and the green shows a good brake connection, but I think if the driver is not working correctly, green may not appear.) If everything still works with your old Vista setup, I doubt that you have a hardware problem. But just to be sure, I would test it on your Vista PC.

Getting the 32-bit USB driver working can be difficult. As I recall, the driver installer could be looking for a file named "ezusb.sys" and what you have installed is "I-magic.sys". The files are the same, but have a different name. So, as an experiment, I would look for "I-magic.sys", make a copy, and rename it it "ezusb.sys" and install it manually in the same location(s) as "I-magic.sys".
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
EV_fan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi Mike again :)
Thank you very much for suggestions!
Problem is - I installed Win7 on the machine where earlier was installed Vista ;)
So now it is impossible to try hardware on Vista again :(
I exactly don't remember the moment the green LED stoped to light.
I was focused on installation FortiusANT (another problem I need still to solve).
Your suggestions about LED lights are important!
I'll try drivers exchange suggestions :)
Generally it is strange that - I've installed Tacx Fortius on old laptop with 32-bit Vista
just first time about a week ago (according to sugestions on forum here :)
and Tacx i-magic ("green" 32-bit) worked perfect till I changed system to Win7 (also 32-bit).
So Tacx drivers wer installed from the same CD created a week ago ;)
Can you explain why on Vista Tacx works but on Win7 - not? ;)
Software was installed from scratch from the same CD.
I can't understan that :(
I'll inform you when I'll try to exchange driver's names.
Chris
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

As I recall from the old Tacx forum (which is now defunct with no archive for these valuable posts), there were many discussions of the Imagic driver issue. It is possible that the driver installer for this old software was written for older operating systems (Vista, XP) and do not work quite right with W7. I had this same issue years ago with my Imagic and the Fortius software and was able to fix it by renaming the driver.

Had I known you were planning on doing this, I would have suggested you created a second boot partition for your new W7 installation so you could save the Vista installation.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
EV_fan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi,
finally I realised my Tacx imagic hardware is OK.
I left my an old 32-bit laptop with Win7.
I misunderstood in FortiusANT manual that it is obligatory to run Tacx imagic hardware on 32-machine,
so I forced some days to launch Tacx hardware with FortiusANT on my old laptop ;)

It is true only for an old original Tacx Fortius training softawre - to run it on 32-bit machine and system (or emulate).
But not for nowdays FortiusANT concept - it can be run on 64-bit machine/system with success
but not in my case till now :(

Status quo (November 20th 2021, 09:25):
I've run sucessfully an old Tack imagic USB hardware with FortiusANT with ELITE ANT+ dongles on i5 64-bit/Win10 machine.
But... this my machine has very week graphic card and Zwift animation movement is terrible,
so do I need to run this setup on my another i7/Win10 64GB RAM with NVIDIA GeForce 1070 machine.
But... there appeared problem with properly ANT+ dongles recognition.

This is still under investigetions and experiments.
You can follow this topic here: https://github.com/WouterJD/FortiusANT/issues/332