TACX Neo 2t Smart. Issues after firmware update

Moderator: nzuraw

Nightcrawler
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

Dear all,

Would like to share an unpleasant experience I´m having with the otherwise great TACX Neo 2t Smart trainer.

Trainer was working fine, but yesterday, right after fimware update via TACX Mac app, the trainer is not connecting to any app (on mobile, or computer, or Garmin Smart Watch ).
Red power light is not turning on after connecting it to external power (directly into a power receptacle).
Trainer is not working neither disconnected to power, by pedaling (which is also an option for this model).
Fans sound, and bluetooth lights is solid blue.
Bottom light is not turning of even if pedaling.
Tried to reboot all devices, as so to let the trainer off overnight before retrying connections. No success.
No other bluetooth devices interfering the connection, theoretically.

TACX software or trainer was not disconnected during firmware update.

I´ve contacted Garmin support, whom after asking for some issue info, directly requested the trainer to be shipped for investigation/repairs. Trainer is not even 1year old since purchase.
Will do it, but as it will take some time (weeks, I guess?) to have it back and repaired, would like to ask here if anybody from the forum has seen this before, and in the best case, for a potential quick fix.

Thanks for your help!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

That is definitely odd. And it is suspicious that it happened the same time as a firmware update. Have you checked the power supply to confirm it is working? You need a small DC meter to see it is still working at the correct voltage.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA