Neo 2t and electronic shifting

Moderator: nzuraw

Lord Keystroke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Finland

My Neo 2t and Sram eTap just won't work together. I have adjusted gears and they work fine with rear wheel in real road use and on a test bench. But when I set my bike on Neo 2t gears are off, except maybe one. I just talked with a friend of mine who has same problems with Shimano gears. Then again I have another friend who has no problems with Shimano electric shifting. Have you had any problems of this kind? And solved?

My solution would be to get cheap mechanical components to my other road bike frame. I've used Neo 2t with my gravel bike that has Campagnolo Super Record mechanical gears and that combination works well. I just would prefer to use that bike on gravel.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Lord Keystroke wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:25 pm My Neo 2t and Sram eTap just won't work together. I have adjusted gears and they work fine with rear wheel in real road use and on a test bench. But when I set my bike on Neo 2t gears are off, except maybe one. I just talked with a friend of mine who has same problems with Shimano gears. Then again I have another friend who has no problems with Shimano electric shifting. Have you had any problems of this kind? And solved?

My solution would be to get cheap mechanical components to my other road bike frame. I've used Neo 2t with my gravel bike that has Campagnolo Super Record mechanical gears and that combination works well. I just would prefer to use that bike on gravel.
I would like carefully at is whether the cassette is seating properly onto the Neo. If the cassette has an protruding rivets, they could interfere with the alignment and result in the cassette being cock-eyed on the Neo. It is possible that the particular cassette you are using is incompatible with the freehub on your Neo. Have you looked at this:

https://tacxfaqx.com/knowledge-base/ins ... -cassette/
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Lord Keystroke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Finland

The cassette in question is 11-speed Shimano Ultegra 11-32 and it sits firmly on the hub. Like I said it works well with Campa Super Record but NOT with Sram eTap.