Neo 2T Derailleur arm just touches trainer when in lowest gear

Moderator: nzuraw

ROGER-PARKES
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I have installed spacers T2880.11 and T2880.12 behind cassette hub body as instructed but derailleur arm is still just touching. Installing another T2880.11 (=1mm) would be preferred or a T2880.12 (=0.5mm) might help. Advice appreciated.
I am using a campag 13-29 cassette and when I raised this question with Tacx the only answer was we don’t support that size of cassette. Is this correct as I can find no reference to it anywhere?

Thank you.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I am not familiar with Campy freewheels with your trainer (I have a Neo 2T as well). But if Tacx support is telling you it will not work, they may be correct. You can always try different spacers to see if it helps.

Do you have a picture showing how it is touching? Can you put a small spacer were the derailleur bolts to the frame?
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
ROGER-PARKES
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Michael,

Problem now solved, Changed to a Campag Veloce short cage derailleur, added 1.5mm spacer between cassette and free hub which together with spacers added in original post caused the smallest sprocket to contact the chain stay so removed the next to smallest sprocket ie converted 10 speed to 9 speed and all now good. Note for any one with this problem, the short cage works well with the 29 tooth gear. I talked to Tacx re this and they do not advocate medium or long cage derailleurs.

Roger
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Yes, I can see that a long cage might get in the way.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA