Troubleshooting TDA

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Thusberg
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Looking for help. Desktop app was very stable for a long time but recently Neo loses blue light and bluetooth connection at startup. I have to go to devices and manually load the tacx neo.
At film startup, it loses blue light and connection. I have to reload devices. Repeat 2 or 3 times until it will work with a film.

the next problem: If film loads and connectivity stays, I have no power, speed and cadence sensors. The unit locks in at 126 watts and thinks its going at that rate the whole time. If I stip pedalling the unit carries on.

It is not usable when it does this. Does anyone have this problem?

Thanks
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

There are some reports of occasional issue of simulator and trainer connectig at same time in TDA (you cannot see thisvin DEVICE screen) just feel it when ride..

You could try the Phone App TTA for android (play store) and ios (apple) to see if trainer works fine with this.. you sign in with same cloud account as TTA..

Also try testing your unit with Tacx Utility App for your phone as this is for testing trainer and firmware installation.

Hopefully trainer itself is not issue.
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

My experience both as a tester and user of the release versions of TDA is connection issues have become pretty infrequent. They are mostly due to Bluetooth issues with the user's setup. Out of habit, I usually go to the Device page when I first open TDA to confirm my connections, but it really has not been necessary for some time and I have never had to go back to the Device page once I have confirmed the proper connections.

Bluetooth does not permit connection the one device to multiple masters, so if there is something else trying to connect to the Neo, that can create a conflict.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
sgmack
First Bike with trainer wheels

Hi
Re posted here as no reply from original Tacx & Ant+ topic

Is TDA working with ant+ ? The ant+ icon (top right) in my TDA is greyed out.It also says "Ant+ not available"
I was led to believe that HR and cadence sensors would connect via ant+.
My ant+ devices work fine on Bkool & Zwift
Set up is
Win 10
Tacx TDA
Neo 1 ..........Cheers........Steve
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

TacxHRbelt BT&ANT works fine in current live version using ANT.. also NEO2T works as Speed/Cadence sensor only which means on Info/Data widget you only get Speed/Distance, you do not get Power reading which also equates to Calories and ETA reading not showing as this is calculated using Power..

To get ANT devices to connect you need to turn on in Devices in the window for the device HR/Trainer, once turned on then need to STOP search using button at bottom of device screen, your devices HR/Trainer will then connect.
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

As can see in Info/Data widget there are Speed/Cadence/HR readings

Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
sgmack

Hi Mal

My ant devices don't appear because the ant+ icon top right next to the bluetooth icon is greyed out
Cheers........Steve
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

That above is the windows store live version of TDA.. i plug in a (in my case) Tacx ANT antenna, open TDA and Search finds ANT and BT devices so the software itself is working fine..

You need to investigate using windows setting as yo why your USB ANT antenna or in case of laptop built in ANT is not working.
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Check in Windows settings/devices that ANT antenna is found/enabled. also will need ANT radio service and plug in seevice installed and up to date
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Covered a lot of this in the other post. His ANT+ is working with other software, so the problem seems to be specific to TDA for some reason rather than a defective ANT+ device or device drivers.
Michael Corn
ATENEA
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
Location: In the mountains @ 5,000' when not by the sea in Mallorca or France
USER_FLAG: Spain

I have been using TDA every day (more or less) for two months.
Last ride was March 7, 2020.
As of March 8, 2020, I can no longer successfully login into TDA: I get a small yellow triangle and no acess to the page with Dashboard, Videos, GPS rides, etc.
I have checked that I am correctly connected to the Tacx Cloud, with my account.
I can use the iPhone or iPad application successfully, with my account.
So the problem is the link between TDA and the Tacx Cloud.
Any ideas on how to solve this?
Many thanks in advance.
Tacx Genius (non-smart), Tacx Bushido, Tacx Neo 2T
Garmin Edge 1000, Garmin Fenix 6S Pro
Windows 10
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

ATENEA wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:42 am As of March 8, 2020, I can no longer successfully login into TDA: I get a small yellow triangle and no acess to the page with Dashboard, Videos, GPS rides, etc.
I have checked that I am correctly connected to the Tacx Cloud, with my account.
I can use the iPhone or iPad application successfully, with my account.
So the problem is the link between TDA and the Tacx Cloud.
Any ideas on how to solve this?
Many thanks in advance.
This is the same for me and a lot of angry customers are reporting this on FB.I think it will be fixed in the next hours/days.I still use TTS4 as well as TDA anyway ;)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
ATENEA
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
Location: In the mountains @ 5,000' when not by the sea in Mallorca or France
USER_FLAG: Spain

Tacx has just informed me the « fixed » version of TDA will be available (MS store) as of Tuesday March 10, 18:00.
Tacx Genius (non-smart), Tacx Bushido, Tacx Neo 2T
Garmin Edge 1000, Garmin Fenix 6S Pro
Windows 10
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I have been using 1.11.13.0 for a few days now without any problems connecting to my cloud account. I am wondering whether this is affecting some users and not others. I always log on to my TDA account directly rather than through FB or Google. I just now updated to 1.11.14.0 and it continues to work okay for me as well.
Michael Corn
Martin
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

yesterday not possible to log in, today fine (1.11.14.0) :thumbsup: