Where did the FTP test go?

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Loek
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hello, on this website Tacx mentions about the Tacx FTP test: https://blog.tacx.com/ftp-test-how-it-works/. In the following quote, it says there's a test that automatically sets the FTP and FTP-based training zones after finishing the test:
With popular training software like the Tacx Training app and Zwift you can perform a ready-made FTP test. Just follow the instructions on your screen and off you go. After this test, your FTP is automatically set and saved in these apps. Also, the training zones based on your FTP are set automatically so you can perform focused training plans. By following an FTP training program, you’ll notice that your FTP will increase and that you will become a stronger rider.

Do you want to test your FTP? You can do so for free in the Tacx Training app.
But I can't seem to find this option in the Tacx Trainer App for Android, nor in the Tacx Desktop App. Does anyone know how to find this FTP test, and have these FTP-based training zones set automatically as Tacx mentions on their website?

Thanks in advance.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

To find the FTP test in TDA, go to the "Create Workout" page. You need to configure you own parameters. You can use what is suggested in the link from your post or whatever you want.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Loek
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks Michael. So then it means that Tacx webpage is not correct anymore, and that this automatic setting of FTP-based training zones is not available? Would be good if they could modify the page to reflect the current situation.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Loek wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:34 pm Thanks Michael. So then it means that Tacx webpage is not correct anymore, and that this automatic setting of FTP-based training zones is not available anymore? Would be good if they could modify the page to reflect the current situation.
I can't remember the last time there was a pre-configured FTP test in TDA as I never used it (too old to worry about such things - I just feel lucky to wake up in the morning). There really is no standard FTP test. The best thing is to find a couple and stick with them so you can track progress (and pain).
Michael Corn
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

(too old to worry about such things - I just feel lucky to wake up in the morning)
:lol: :lol: Happy New Year Mike and everyone else
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
Loek
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks all, I'll create my own FTP test in that case. ;)
Ian Oliver
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

The test is still there. In TDA go to 'Workouts' and then in the first dropdown select 'Workouts by TACX'. It was last updated 5 Feb 2020 so is under the grouping for 'This Year'.

It's helpful to read the description and follow their instructions. You will be totally knockered when done.
SlowFox
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

Ian Oliver wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:38 pm The test is still there. In TDA go to 'Workouts' and then in the first dropdown select 'Workouts by TACX'. It was last updated 5 Feb 2020 so is under the grouping for 'This Year'.
Odd enough the (20 minuts ramp-) test was there 2 weeks ago (notably not under "workouts" but under "tests"); I wanted to ask how to use it as I did not get a realistic result at all, but then I postponed the question...

Now I am looking again and the test is... gone. There is only the 45-minutes ftp-test which I dislike because it is said to be far more exhausting.

WTF is going on here?
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Some info on FTP / Conconi / CP20 tests

https://lunicus.org/setting-power-zones/
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I am wondering if someone accidentally deleted the 20 minute FTP test. There is now a 45-minute under "Tests", but if you read the description of the FTP test on this page, it describes it as a 20 minute test. It looks like some wires got crossed here.
Michael Corn
SlowFox
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:48 pm I am wondering if someone accidentally deleted the 20 minute FTP test
Ok, at least it's not only affecting me and thus the fault of somebody else (or intention).
There is now a 45-minute under "Tests", but if you read the description of the FTP test on this page, it describes it as a 20 minute test
This seems to be correct: the first 20 minutes are considered as a warm up that "ticks all the boxes", followed by 20 minutes with the real test and 5 more minutes for cool down. My problem is that I am very inexperienced; this test requires some sort of planning to a) survive the 20 minutes, but b) not to take things too easy.
SlowFox
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I have now asked the support and got the answer "the ramp test has been temporarily removed from the app". Unfortunately no further qualification for "temporarily".