Newbie question about GPS rides on TDA

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Seadog99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Good afternoon all. I've had my I-Genius for several years and have been happily cycling from the East coast to the West coast of the States using TTS4 and google street view. My first question is: can I continue cycling GPS routes on TDA using google street view (I'm assuming I have to pay the subscription) so I can continue my journey?

Second question: My laptop does not have Bluetooth and TDA does not see my I-Genius so if I buy a basic bluetooth transmitter for my laptop is that all I need to start using TDA, and do I need the full Bluetooth 5.0 or will 4.1 or 4.2 work?

Many thanks
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

TDA is not compatible with older Genius models (T2000, T2020).
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

TDA does not have Google Street View, although you can do GPS rides in either map or satellite view.

The I-Genius is not a Smart trainer (i.e., one that works on Bluetooth and fully-compliant ANT+). The I-Genius uses proprietary ANT+ and therefore will not work with TDA. There is a Tacx T2085 I-Genius electronic upgrade, but it is quite expensive and can be hard to find. So, unless you are lucky enough to find one at a bargain price, you might find it is not worth the cost.

It is very easy and inexpensive to add Bluetooth to an computer with a USB port by getting a Bluetooth 4 dongle.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Seadog99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

So are we saying that without TTS4 my I-Genius is completely useless?
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

Seadog99 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:45 pm So are we saying that without TTS4 my I-Genius is completely useless?
Almost, but not quite. There is another application thrown by Garmin - TCA:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ling&hl=en

In addition, the current application for smartphones and tablets - TTA - also recently supported older ANT+ models. This requires rechecking:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid&hl=en

To use these applications with old Genius, a special ANT+ dongle or OTG adapter is required.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!