4K Films ?

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

nzuraw wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 pm I much prefer a larger screen too. Our 4 year old 65" tv is becoming a much wanted hand me down in the family. The kids want it, but then again it would be a great replacement for the 40" I used for TDA.

One thing I can't stop thinking about, is how can you immerse yourself using a tablet - maybe it's my poor eyesite :p
In general, I tend to hate mobile devices, not just for TDA. I still need a decent desktop PC, preferably with 2 monitors, to read and study a subject. I have no idea how anyone can do that with a mobile device. And the poor quality of communications I receive from people with mobile devices confirms this all the time. I frequently get a message from someone with a mobile device that is a big mess because they never look at what was said earlier or check a reference.

My TDA screen is the least expensive 49" 4K monitor I could find and it does a great job. We have a much better quality 65" 4K in the living room. It would be nice to use that.

When I first started doing Tacx bike riding, I had a Samsung 720p projector far enough back to provide a 10' diagonal image. It was quite nice, but it was important to have the room completely darkened for good effect. Off and on I have thought about setting it up it our exercise room, but never really got around to doing it. Native HD projectors with decent lumens have come down in price quite a bit. You can get a 4k 3500 lumen projector on Amazon for a bit over a $1,000 now, but the reviews seemed mixed. But there will no doubt come a day when they are reasonably price with good quality.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

just back from some filming in Netherlands, I hope one day they will see the light, they have it all there, there is a 4K option in RLV Beta since the start of TDA development & for a year or so we were able to ride with very high bitrate 4K.. I would say the HD you have in TDA is about 1/4 the quality to look at. The 720p is more like SD & our HD is now not even as clear the old 720p in TTS4..on the flip side you now have instant access to everything & doing such streaming comes at a fairly high cost.

Some very rough quick edits just to check out how that early morning slightly misty light came out ;-)
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

These are nice. You have a good eye, which many cycling photographers lack.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

mcorn wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:12 am
nzuraw wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 pm

One thing I can't stop thinking about, is how can you immerse yourself using a tablet - maybe it's my poor eyesite :p
In general, I tend to hate mobile devices, not just for TDA.
My I pad is on a Tacx stand 10 inches from my eyes.For a quick start ride in 1080p i can immerse and enjoy using the mobile App.I also have a high spec PC and 65 inch 4k TV in my turbo room for longer rides in the Winter months.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

mcorn wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:18 pm These are nice. You have a good eye, which many cycling photographers lack.
Phil is missing an opportunity here, a cycling calendar perhaps or even a coffee table book. Certainly some awesome shots over the years.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy