Tacx Desktop app and Tacx Vortex - no ERG in Workout

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

squbel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: New Zealand

Hi,

I just discovered very annoying bug in Tacx Desktop App (TDA).

The ERG mode is not working properly (in fact not at all) when custom Workout (or any other public workout) is selected in TDA while using Tacx Vortex smart trainer.
I have tried both ANT+ and BT connection modes and despite the flawless simulation of gradients when riding "Films", the "Workout" mode fails to simulate load changes.
Same workout works properly (ERG mode) with my trainer when the mobile Training app (Android version) is used.

I have the latest TDA version ( July update ver 1.15.15.0) and Windows 10.

Does anyone have similar experience or know any workaround?
I will email Tacx support but tbh I don't expect much help from them.

squbel
squbel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: New Zealand

Ok, I think after all it's not a bug but a user error.

It seems that I had "Trainer difficulty" set to 50%. This actually lowers the required workout power - very different to what I'm used to in Zwift. So when my workout started my first interval @100 Watts for the first 5min the trainer was in fact trying to maintain 50 Watts. That didn't work very well and made me confused thinking that the Erg is off.

I can't confirm that it was my fault for 100% as I've just upgraded today to Tacx Neo 2t (for unrelated issues) and can't be bothered to retest TDA with Vortex again. I might set it up again for another test in few days time. We got the Neo 2t working properly on TDA after changing the slider back to 100%.

Cheers,
Squbel

PS I love my Vortex. Used it since May 5-6x per week. Started as casual weekend cyclist with FTP 212 and 102kg. I'm now 94kg and my FTP is 274 Watts. Moving to Neo 2t as I'm slipping the wheel on low cadence's.