media issue

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Zsolt
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Hungary

Hello, my desktop app does not load media for the last 3 weeks. It seems that some settings in my laptop had changed. The app works on other laptop. Did any faced this error? Pls help. Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Zsolt wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:24 pm Hello, my desktop app does not load media for the last 3 weeks. It seems that some settings in my laptop had changed. The app works on other laptop. Did any faced this error? Pls help. Thanks
By load media, do you mean that films do not run? Does this happen with both streaming and downloaded films? If it is one and not the other, it could be a clue.

If downloaded films are not working, are you sure it is linked to the proper folder. You can go to Settings - General and click on Select Folder to confirm you are pointing to the folder where all your downloaded videos are located.

I am current on all Windows 10 updates and have not noticed any problems on playing films.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Zsolt
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Hungary

mcorn wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:09 pm
Zsolt wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:24 pm Hello, my desktop app does not load media for the last 3 weeks. It seems that some settings in my laptop had changed. The app works on other laptop. Did any faced this error? Pls help. Thanks
By load media, do you mean that films do not run? Does this happen with both streaming and downloaded films? If it is one and not the other, it could be a clue.

If downloaded films are not working, are you sure it is linked to the proper folder. You can go to Settings - General and click on Select Folder to confirm you are pointing to the folder where all your downloaded videos are located.

I am current on all Windows 10 updates and have not noticed any problems on playing films.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it does not play downloaded movie or stream does not work. The folder is linked properly (I even reinstalled TDA twice) when I click downloaded film box it shows the downloaded films, however when I click start training the film does not start and in the lower part of the screen sends a message it failed to load media. All the rest widgets are visible even GPS. When I close the film and discard the activity the TDA stop working. I was also trying to get some help on this but no one could help me. This error is from 3 weeks, before that my laptop was working fine.
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

Just a thought...
Have you installed some photo or video program lately (camera software, video editing program...)?
It might happen that such software installs some incombatible codeces...
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

I found that a recent Windows 10 update changed the default video player to their 'Movies & TV' App.

Check what is the default app in Windows 10:
Settings / Apps / Default Apps
If it is the Microsoft app, change it by clicking on it.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy