Connection Genius TDA

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Silentblock
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Norway

Hello
I have a Genius trainer -T2020 I think, with a dongle -T2018. The trainer worked perfectly with TTS4. Now, the old laptop which had TTS4 is dead and I have a new laptop with TDA. I cannot connect the trainer to TDA with this new laptop, neither with ANT+, nor with bluetooth. The funny thing is that the trainer can be connected to TDA in my mobile and it works - I have already done some rides.
As the dongle detects a cadence sensor I have, and I have tried also Golden Cheetah and Rouvy, and both detected the cadence sensor but not the trainer, I am starting to think that the issue is in the software. Could it be that a driver, a file, something is missing in my operative system? As the laptop is quite new, I assume that this could be an option, but as the cadence sensor is connected -via ANT+ and bluetooth- I tend to think that the issue is in the software for the trainer. Is there any way to know if the software for the trainer is updated? Tacx Utility App shows, in my mobile, that everything is updated, but maybe there is something wrong somewhere in Windows. How could it be possible to update the software in Windows if it were necessary?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

You must have a "Smart" trainer (BT and/or current ANT+) in order to use TDA. Unfortunately, the older Genius trainers do not use the current Smart technology and do not work with TDA or most other software. Just to be sure, look at the sticker on the brake and let us know what it says. If it is a T2021 brake, it is not compatible. There was a T2085 electronic upgrade for the brake, but it is pretty much unavailable and really is not worth the very high cost.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Silentblock
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Yes, it is T2021.
Thanks for the answer.
But why is the trainer working in the mobile? As said in my first message, I can use the trainer in my mobile and it seems to work -I rode for about an hour this evening.
Nevertheless, thank you very much for the quick answer.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Silentblock wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:04 pm Yes, it is T2021.
Thanks for the answer.
But why is the trainer working in the mobile? As said in my first message, I can use the trainer in my mobile and it seems to work -I rode for about an hour this evening.
Tacx wrote drivers for the mobile Utility App that cover more than its Smart trainers. The Tacx Utility App is needed to do firmware updates for that brake and check its functioning.

I am assuming that your Genius does not work with the Tacx Training App. Have you tried that ? You can get it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Silentblock
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:52 am
Silentblock wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:04 pm Yes, it is T2021.
Thanks for the answer.
Tacx wrote drivers for the mobile Utility App that cover more than its Smart trainers. The Tacx Utility App is needed to do firmware updates for that brake and check its functioning.

I am assuming that your Genius does not work with the Tacx Training App. Have you tried that ? You can get it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US
Yes, I have the Tacx Utility App. And I also have the Training App. And this detects my trainer and it works. My assumption was that the Training Desktop App and the Tacx Training App was, basically, the same, one for Windows and and the other for android.
Probably I have to use the trainer with the mobile and the Tacx Training App instead of the laptop.
Again, thank you very much for your help.