GPX Smoothing on upload

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

After my first weeks with TDA exploring videos, I started to ride my own GPX tracks.
I created many of my real-world ridden activities for TTs4. This GPX files are well smoothed and elevation edited in details. Back then I wrote an own program to be able to edit elevation data. I added each ditch, creek crossing, overpass and so on...

Now I noticed that all my efforts are gone since there is no option "Smooth = off". Even with "low smoothing" all details are gone.
Very disappointing for me.

(The profiles are highly oversized to see the differences)
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I've imported some of my GPX courses, but did not really focus on whether it was excessively smoothed. Have you tried importing your original GPX file to TDA (with low smoothing) before you did you custom smoothing to see how that works?
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

When you recorded your ride, did you record the route with smart recording or tracking every second? As this can make a huge difference

https://support.garmin.com/en-AU/?faq=s ... 6l20SgpW28

I use two main applications for smoothing if my GPX isn't smooth (I hated those sudden 25% spikes, that I use to get some years back).

Brenda has a great little app for this:

https://www.brendazysman.com/Biking/smo ... dex.html#/

Or there is the old 3D Route Builder - which I love, but alas hasn't been updated for years
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

Thanks for your input, but I think there is a misunderstanding here:
I'm not talking about creating and smoothing a course. I already have a collection of perfectly prepared and smoothed GPX files for use in TTs4. In these files all the elevation details have been perfectly edited.
The problem I am describing concerns the use of these GPX files in TDA. Here the files can not be used directly for riding, but must first be uploaded as a workout. And here the files are smoothed again - which in my case eliminates all the desired details.
I would wish that there would also be an option "without smoothing" when uploading.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Gotcha! Yes - I see the issue and yes, it would be good to have the option
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy