FLUX2 - Tacx movies - wrong resistance/watts

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

torbens
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Norway

I am running Tacx movies on my Ipad.

In 50% of the cases the movie will have the standard resistance (as when you are doing a flat workout) or the resistance will be incredible high (even when you are going flat or down). In other words the resistance does not match the slope. I can't find a pattern when these 50% occurs and when they do not. When doing the workout or the GPS, resistance match the slopes.

I have tried to unplug power, going out of the app and back in +++ but nothing seems to help. It seems as if it is pure coincidence whether the resistance matches slope.

Anyone facing the same issue / having a fix?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Have you checked to be sure you have the most current firmware. You need to run the Tacx Utility App to do this.

Otherwise, you might have to contact Garmin/Tacx Support.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
torbens
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you for your reply. I am up to date on the firmware. Had the same issue again today. First movie was ok, the next did not work :( . I will try Garmin/Tacx Support.
lparede
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Portugal

torbens wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:13 pm Thank you for your reply. I am up to date on the firmware. Had the same issue again today. First movie was ok, the next did not work :( . I will try Garmin/Tacx Support.
Any news about this issue? Ir seems to be the same problem that I'm having with my Tacx Vortex.
torbens
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

No, unfortunately not. I have contacted Garmin Support and they have now asked for files where the issue occurs - unfortunately that not hard for me to find. GPS fails in approx 20% of the cases, movies 60-70% of the times. I realize it quickly, when picking routes with ascend after only a few meters but choosing routes with some flat kilometres in the beginning is no point, as I have then ridden for some minutes and have to start all over again with no guarantee it will work.

I will send the files over and hopefully they can solve the issue. Otherwise, I guess there will be a replacement of the trainer. I will let you know if they come up with a fix.