Remote for TDA on MacOS ?

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Ian Oliver
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

One thing I miss from TTS is the little remote on my handlebar. I used it surprisingly often, especially to change the % difficulty when I'd forget prior to a workout. Are there any good solutions floating around for an alternative?

Thanks
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

I missed it, too!
I found a solution - not the best - but ok for me.
Unfortunately this device works only with Windows, but I'm sure there are any for Mac, too.

It is called "Expertkeys EK-20 USB"

mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I use a BT keypad mounted on the bike with a very inexpensive mobile phone holder designed for handlebars. You can reprogram key bindings in TDA settings. This ends up being a lot less expensive than the basic controllers that Tacx sold for its various trainers. Total price for the keypad and holder was around US$30. I believe it would also be possible to use an inexpensive programmable TV controller as well. They typically operate on infrared so you might need to add an inexpensive USB infrared dongle to the laptop if infrared is not built in. The TV controllers are pretty sturdy and it would probably fit in a jersey rear pocket or maybe a water bottle holder. I have not tried the TV controller approach.

Bluetooth Wireless Numeric Keypad.jpg
Bluetooth Wireless Numeric Keypad.jpg (20.75 KiB) Viewed 7113 times
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA