Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

lparede
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Portugal

Hello, guys.

I start using TDA with my Tacx Vortex.

The movies activities seem to be great, but the simulation is not accurate. Even if I increase the cadence, the speed will remain in around 30km/h (19mph) and I can't feel the sloop resistence (same cadence, but the instant speed decreases).

What can I do?

Thank you, guys.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

You did not mention your model number, but I assume you have a Vortex Smart.

Sounds like there could be something wrong with the brake. I would test the brake using the Tacx Utility App (a mobile app, not Windows). You can also use the utility app to confirm you have the latest firmware.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
lparede
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:12 pm You did not mention your model number, but I assume you have a Vortex Smart.

Sounds like there could be something wrong with the brake. I would test the brake using the Tacx Utility App (a mobile app, not Windows). You can also use the utility app to confirm you have the latest firmware.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it's a Vortex Smart. I use the Tacx Utility App to calibrate the trainer. I will check if I have the latest firmware.
lparede
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

lparede wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:17 pm
mcorn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:12 pm You did not mention your model number, but I assume you have a Vortex Smart.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it's a Vortex Smart. I use the Tacx Utility App to calibrate the trainer. I will check if I have the latest firmware.
The trainer firmware is updated. And the brake works well with others trainer softwares (Ex: RGT).

Maybe it's something related with TDA.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I've used a Vortex Smart with TDA, but not recently (currently have a Neo2T). I think if there was a TDA problem with a Vortex Smart, we would be hearing about it here.

When you start TDA and go into the Device Manager, does it show the Vortex as connected?

Are you sure you have no other software connected to your Vortex Smart. You have to connect the Vortex through TDA and not through the Windows 10 Bluetooth Device window.
Michael Corn
lparede
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:57 pm I've used a Vortex Smart with TDA, but not recently (currently have a Neo2T). I think if there was a TDA problem with a Vortex Smart, we would be hearing about it here.

When you start TDA and go into the Device Manager, does it show the Vortex as connected?

Are you sure you have no other software connected to your Vortex Smart. You have to connect the Vortex through TDA and not through the Windows 10 Bluetooth Device window.
Yes, it shows the Vortex as connected and I don't have anything else connected to the Vortex.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Did you use the utility app to test power?

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=M ... xRmOkcAla6
Michael Corn
lparede
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:25 pm Did you use the utility app to test power?

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=M ... xRmOkcAla6
Yes. With the utility app I can easily reach 45 km/h | 28 mph.

Maybe a hardware limitation on Tacx Movies?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with TDA with the Vortex Smart brake.

You should be able to use the Utility App to test whether the brake responds to changes in slope. That is the test you need to run. You can also train the Android Training App to see if it works:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cx.android

You could also try removing and reinstalling the TDA.
Michael Corn