Device that measure Power AND Cadence

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

dew_reg
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

Hello everybody,

I'm a beginner with TDA and I have a problem when adding my ASSIOMA power AND cadence meter pedal sensor.
TDA only considers it as a Powermeter and I have no data for the cadence.

Is there a way to change this and to obtain a cadence data.

Thanks in advance,
I read the forum before posting and there is some great content ! :)
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

TDA should have no trouble recognizing the cadence signal by either Bluetooth or ANT+. When you go into the TDA Device Manager page and click the Search button at the bottom, all available devices should show up with a number corresponding to the device. But be sure you have not paired your sensors with some other program and that it is not paired in the Windows 10 Bluetooth connection program. All pairing must be done through TDA itself. A couple of questions.

What trainer are you using?

Have you confirmed with some other type of app or software that the cadence is actually working?
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
dew_reg
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks Michael,

Let me first answer your questions.
I'm using an old dum tacx satori trainer and couple it with an ASSIOMA UNO for the smart part ;)
I confirmed that the cadence is actually working on RGT cycling.

I checked and it is not paired to the Windows 10 Bluetooth connection program

Here is the screen of my device manager
TDA_device_manager.png
TDA_device_manager.png (51.67 KiB) Viewed 8952 times
Régis
Brussels, Belgium
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

So, when you hit the Search button, the only that appears is the 44462 power meter? Do you know what number is used for cadence on your pedals as every sensor has a unique number assigned to it. You should see both sets of numbers when you do a search.

Have you tried turning the pedals while searching?

The only other thing I can suggest is to carefully read the Assiom manual. I took a quick look and it is a bit more involved than the usual. I have used third party cadence sensors (Garmin and Wahoo) with TDA and they do not have problems connecting.
Michael Corn
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

I use a Stages powermeter with TDA, which normally delivers power and cadence - i.e. to Garmin Edge.
TDA sees it only as power sensor. So, it‘s the same like Assioma.
I think, you should apply a Garmin cadence sensor to your crank.

Just out of curiosity: don‘t you need speed to get distance value?
thebigoneinfront
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

I was wondering a bit. While I don't have Assioma pedals, I have Powertap P1 pedals on one bike and Garmin Vector 3 on another and I cannot remember having had to connect either set pof power meter pedals separately as a cadence sensor to any Garmin edge unit. Still I see cadence from both. Neither of those bikes sits on the Neo, though, so I never tried to connect either set of pedals to TDA.

However: The ANT+ power meter profile includes cadence. Very officially from the ANT Alliance https://www.thisisant.com/directory/ass ... wer-meter/, Assiomas only support the ANT+ power meter profile. The same is true for my Powertap P1 and Garmin Vector 3 pedals, per the same directory. Still you can see cadence transmitted by all of them. In other words, they transmit cadence as part of the power meter data and there is no need to separately connect them as cadence sensors. If TDA does not use these cadence data, it's no fault of the pedals. In yet other words, it seems that a separate cadence sensor is necessary on a non-smart trainer to have cadence data.
dew_reg
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks to everybody for your precious answers.

I'm stopping my quest to have the cadence on TDA.
Instead I use my watch (garmin forerunner 735XT) in ANT+ connection with the ASSIOMA pedals to obtain the cadence.
I'm able to see it on my watch to roughly hit the cadence intervals and it's enough for me.

I'll keep training and I hope ode day get my hands on a smart trainer (and it will be a tacx one ;) )

Régis
Brussels, Belgium
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I see this statement in the Assioma manual:

"A small set of Bluetooth bike computers and apps might require a change in the preset “Compatibility with other apps” parameter from the Favero Assioma app."

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... UszVE5ESGs

Not sure if this applies to this situation or not.

He is currently using a BT connection to TDA. It might make a difference if he tries with an ANT+ dongle on the PC.
Michael Corn