no video is displayed while using TDA

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

irwinsbike
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Hi All.
I have this issue as of late where I cannot see the actual video playing. Has occurred since the latest windows update to my PC. I have uninstalled TDA 4x and wiped all hidden file from the computer. Shows the graph at the bottom as well as widgets on both left and right side. Works fine in GPS mode as well. I have seen on 2 occasions a small message pop up saying failed to load media. I have also checked the settings for video and they are all fine as well. Lastly, tested with my phone and all things were fine. Seems to be a windows compatibility thing? Computer is and AMD Ryzen 7 with a Geforce RTX 2060, so it's not a hardware issue.
Any help would be appreciated as I have waited over 3 days for Garmin to get back to me.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Have you tried going Link Movies at the bottom of the Settings page and pressed Select Folder to be sure TDA is pointing to the place where you are storing your video files. That can cause a failure to load media error message.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
irwinsbike
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi Michael.
I tried that as well. I have even deleted all the videos and re-installed them.
I suspect that there is some sort of codex issue when trying to run the video. Seems to only be after that huge windows 10 update the other day.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I've installed the latest Windows feature update (20H2) and it did not cause any problems for me.

You might go to the Nvidia website and install the latest video card drivers.
Michael Corn
irwinsbike
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

all drivers are up to date. Tried reinstalling the drivers as well
jeerry
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Poland

1. Can you try both on streaming movies and saved movies?
2. Can you try on another device (phone?) on the same internet connection?
irwinsbike
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

happens with both streamed and saved movies. Works fine on my phone. Seems to be an issue with how TDA releases the data on my computer. This is the only program that has an issue. Everything else works fine.
irwinsbike
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

figured it out.... After a lot of reading came the the conclusion that TDA required I use the integrated video card and set it to be the default for things to work.
Seems that my NVidia card couldn't process the data and then display it to the screen.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

irwinsbike wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:24 am figured it out.... After a lot of reading came the the conclusion that TDA required I use the integrated video card and set it to be the default for things to work.
Seems that my NVidia card couldn't process the data and then display it to the screen.
This points more to an issue with the Nvidia card. I have used TDA with the integrated video turned off and an add-on Nviida card turned on. I don't know if you have done any fiddling with video settings using Nvidia software. There may be something that has created a problem for TDA. Your Geforce RTX 2060 card is relatively high end. I use a $200 GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB card without any issues and I think there are a wide range of $100 cards that work fine with TDA. So, I would look carefully at the Nvidia settings and remove any unnecessary Nvidia software leaving only the basic driver.
Michael Corn