Start problems

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

HP1970
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

I have had problems with the TDA for days:
It takes a (very!) long time for the software to start.
Then my trainer and heart rate belt won't connect to TDA. Then I have to close and start again, then it usually works.
Anybody know this problem since the latest.
Windows 10 and TDA software is up to date!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I have not had an problem starting the latest version on 3 different PC's. Start issues are often due to problems connecting to your cloud account. I would suggest you try a couple of things:

1. Uninstall TDA and then reinstall. Be sure you have the latest release.

2. Test whether you can connect quickly to your Garmin cloud account without opening TDA. If that is slow, then it is likely some kind of connection or Internet issue.

3. I assume you are using a wireless connection. If you have any way of testing with a wired connection, try that.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
HP1970
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hello Michael,
Thanks for your answer!

1. Uninstall TDA and then reinstall. Be sure you have the latest release.
I have ever the latest version, until i have these problems last year.... I check TDA update after every training....- > thats not the problem!

2. Test whether you can connect quickly to your Garmin cloud account without opening TDA. If that is slow, then it is likely some kind of connection or Internet issue.
Conected to Garmin cloud that an idea!

3. I assume you are using a wireless connection. If you have any way of testing with a wired connection, try that.
I use LAN, not WLAN! - > thats not the problem!

greetings Hans-Peter
lecyclo55
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Just to let you know that I had issue with almost every new verstion of tacx in windows store. Discuss with tacx support. Known issue.... So I decided to try to uninstall the tacx application, restart the computer ( very important to do ) otherwise it is an infine loop of not starting. I reinstall the proramm and then Bingo.... start normally
I wouldnt comment the job of programmation from tacx . But you understand that they are not cleaning correctly the uninstall.
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

Had the same problem today - the first time.
TDA does not start - cannot connect with Garmin.
Tacx Cloud and iPad iOS app with no problem.

Support tells me: known problem with TDA. Delete the program and install anew!

My question to you:
New installation means: new download from Microsoft Store?
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I‘ve managed to start TDA after „repair“ in WIN 10 app system.

Now I have only problems to connect my Wahoo HR belt. It connects only after remove the (new) battery and put it in again.
Now I would like to pair another Heartbelt.

QUESTION:
How to remove a device in TDA device manager? I want to delete the not functional Wahoo heartbelt.

Thanks!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

mcinner1 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am I‘ve managed to start TDA after „repair“ in WIN 10 app system.

Now I have only problems to connect my Wahoo HR belt. It connects only after remove the (new) battery and put it in again.
Now I would like to pair another Heartbelt.

QUESTION:
How to remove a device in TDA device manager? I want to delete the not functional Wahoo heartbelt.

Thanks!
I have about 3 different BT HRM's (a Polar and two Wahoo Tickr belts). For some time, they go through being uncooperative in connecting. I've also tried the battery technique as well as replacing batteries. Not sure it helps. There is just some kind of bug in TDA, which I have reported many times. I rarely have trouble getting the trainer to connect, just the HRM's. Eventually, after restarting TDA a number of times and re-initiating searches, it finally connects. TDA always detects the presence of the HRM, it just won't connect sometimes.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks for your input! :smile: :smile:
frankhertz
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Hello,
I have a Neo, the Wahoo HRM and a Windows 10 computer with both an ant+ and BT sensor. I have noticed lately that the Neo "wants" to connect with Bluetooth but the HRM "wants" to connect with ant+. Once that is done everything works without issue. I did try to connect the HRM with BT but it would not connect. It used to.
Harry
HP1970
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

lecyclo55 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 pm Just to let you know that I had issue with almost every new verstion of tacx in windows store. Discuss with tacx support. Known issue.... So I decided to try to uninstall the tacx application, restart the computer ( very important to do ) otherwise it is an infine loop of not starting. I reinstall the proramm and then Bingo.... start normally
I wouldnt comment the job of programmation from tacx . But you understand that they are not cleaning correctly the uninstall.
OK, thats a good idear.
It even is the same if you new install the APP our you update it.
I will test it, but at this time i used at the APP on a Tablet....

best reagards
HP