Latest TDA scaling issue on workout graphs

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

biggsy
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi,
I’ve just updated TDA to the latest version today (21 Apr) and went to do a workout.

I noticed that the left hand vertical axis scale now seems to run from 0 to 100 so the only line that shows is the one for cadence.

Haven’t tried to repeat the test yet, but was wondering if anyone else had noticed similar?
biggsy
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Deffo an issue - I just retried and it happened again.

Basically, when you start the workout, the graph scales are shown correctly with the FTP line where it should be etc.

When you start to pedal, I get a 'Power has been reduced...' message and the scale recalibrates to the 0-100 scaling. After a few moment, the 'Hold this power for 5 seconds' message appears followed by 'Re-established normal power levels', BUT, the scale then doesn't revert to its starting ranges.

About to submit (another) bug report
J.Veerhoek
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

I have two PC's running in our Paincave and only one is showing this issue.
Did not see the "Power has been etc." story on the PC showing the issue??
Think they are working on multiple scales for us but are not achieving this(yet, I hope!).
Have not tried anything to fix the issue, just looked in settings but could not find anything.

Looking forward to the next update.
biggsy
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi,
The “Power has been reduced…” message has been appearing on my rig for ages (6 months + at least), so I don’t think it’s related.

Just getting a bit fed up with Garmin’s woeful reliability and their even worse support response.

I’m a software developer with over 30 years experience, so I know what to include when I file a bug report. It’s so frustrating to have Garmin reply requesting all the information that was supplied on the original bug report. I suspect there’s some sort of “bot” doing the initial triage and it’s not obviously ’reading’ what’s been written. Just makes the whole process of getting a bug on their backlog a bit slow…
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Shame Bugzilla isn't used - we could easily incorporate that into this forum, or Garmin into their forums, etc., Always been a bane for me, i.e. reporting bugs and seeing their prioritisation and or progress to resolution. Oh well want over
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
J.Veerhoek
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Today after returning from short holiday while updating the PC's I noticed the TDA was updated this week.
Revision date is May 17th.
Did not have time for testing, most likely tomorrow I will run a test regarding the scaling.
J.Veerhoek
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Today I did a workout to test the latest update.
The scaling issue is fixed but............
In this update it appears that the device manager was also updated to the looks of the app for Android.
This gave me an issue with connecting the devices and with the power during a FTP workout.
When changing gears or cadence the app was very slow(even minutes!) in correcting the resistance to reach the desired Watts.
Sometimes it did not change resistance at all or simply change in the wrong direction.

I could live with the scaling bug but this new problem makes it hard or even impossible to perform a FTP workout.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I tried to the new release today with a movie (not FTP workout) and did not have any issues.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
HP1970
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Hello J.Veerhoek,

have you only TDA on or did you use an other programm (like Youtube, Videoplayer,.....)?

Please check it, with only TDA....
J.Veerhoek
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

@HP1970 I was running Microsoft Edge during the workout.
FTP Workout did have a custom movie in the background of the app.
HP1970
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

J.Veerhoek wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:15 pm @HP1970 I was running Microsoft Edge during the workout.
FTP Workout did have a custom movie in the background of the app.
I also had that once that TDA did not react spontaneously to changes, since other programs apparently reduced the performance. Only when I closed the other programs did it work again. But currently it works again for me!

:arrow: For FTP workout you may only use TDA.
It doesn't take long :D .....

Greetings
Hans-Peter