TDA - pedaling analysis and simultaneous use with Zwift

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Calimero
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Slovakia

Hello,

Some time ago I had a complicated fracture of the femur. Now I want to get back on the bike. Due to convalescence, I think I will buy a smart trainer that allows to measure the pedaling balance. I am interested in the Tacx Neo 2T, but I am not clear on some things about the TDA application. Please help.

1. By default I will use Zwift, which will be runnig from my PC (Windows). Is it possible to have the TDA app for obtaining pedaling data on my mobile phone (Android) running at the same time?
If not, is it possible to use Zwift and TDA from a PC at the same time?

2. Is pedaling analysis included in the free version of TDA?

3. Is it possible to have the TDA app installed on my mobile phone and on my PC for one monthly fee?

Thank you very much :wink:
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

TDA (Tacx Desktop App) only runs on a PC (or Mac). It is not a mobile app. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the pedal analysis feature you are looking for is only available on TDA and not the Tacx mobile apps. It appears as a small overlay widget on TDA while riding and shows how well balanced your leg effort is. I think only the Neo supports this feature. But I don't really know if it is good enough for medical or rehab purposes.

In general, you can't run 2 programs at the same time as each program attempts to control the trainer. If you are using ANT+ for a connection (not Bluetooth) you can receive speed, cadence and wattage data on a second device such as an ANT+ handlebar computer.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Calimero
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Slovakia

Thank you very much for your respond.

It looks like I'll either have to use Tacx TDA instead of Zwift whenever I want to check the pedaling balance.

Or I will have to buy a Garmin Edge 530, which according to the available information allows to display right/left power data from NEO.

https://www.smartbiketrainers.com/tacx- ... -data-8741
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Calimero wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:08 pm Thank you very much for your respond.

It looks like I'll either have to use Tacx TDA instead of Zwift whenever I want to check the pedaling balance.

Or I will have to buy a Garmin Edge 530, which according to the available information allows to display right/left power data from NEO.

https://www.smartbiketrainers.com/tacx- ... -data-8741
I think that is correct, but I have not personally tested any of this on my Neo2T to confirm that you can simultaneously receive left-right data on an ANT+ receiver (like the Garmin 530) while using the Neo2T as a Smart Trainer with TDA or some other program. My wife and I have a tandem bike hooked up to our Neo2T. We use TDA (as well as some other cycling programs) with a Bluetooth pairing and simultaneously send speed, cadence, and power data from the Neo2T through an ANT+ connection to a handlebar mounted computer (an older Garmin Edge 500). The Edge 500 acts as a "dumb" receiver, so presumably an Edge 530 would do the same thing with left-right data as well. I just cannot confirm it because I have not tried it as I do not have receiver capable of displaying left-right data.

As I said earlier, one of the things that makes this doable is ANT+ data can be broadcast and received by multiple different receivers while Bluetooth connections to a Smart bike are exclusive between the computer and the trainer.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA