TDA crashes well into ride - GPS and Movie now

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

hb99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: New Zealand

I have had 2 rides in the last 2 weeks where TDA has crashed while apparently behaving normally. One was on a GPS ride and today was on a movie I was streaming. I have nothing else running on the Windows 10 computer. There is no message, TDA turns grey (bit the way I feel) and disappears. Whilst this is annoying the subsequent behaviour only adds to the frustration.
After a short wait the crashed ride appears in recent rides and data has been saved correctly. There is the option to Continue the ride - great. Problem is it actually starts a whole new ride from the crash point and you end up with 2 partial records. No record of having completed the ride, which would be incredibly frustrating if I was doing a Classic or Challenge.
Has anyone else encountered this?
Is there information in log files anywhere that could be helpful to Garmin if they looked at it?
Is it worth seeing if Continue can be changed to mean just that?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I have not had anything like this happen in recent years. I would definitely contact Garmin Support and send the log files.

It could be a Tacx server issue. It could also be a computer resource issue. If this is recurring, I would try using Microsoft resource monitor to record CPU, memory, and video usage.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
frankhertz
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Just for your information, the same happened to me on Nov 25. I went back and checked. It has not happened since.
Harry
hb99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: New Zealand

Started by ringing Garmin Support (in Australia)
The chap I spoke with had not heard of the problem and agreed sending the log files was the way to go. He sent an email so that I could send the log files - it is product.support@garmin.com
He also sent an email with their "product suggestions web page" https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/
Will post if I get any feedback.
geneld
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I've had this happen to me several times too.

Not a fix for the crashing, but https://gotoes.org/strava/ is a great tool for merging two files which is what I've been doing when this happens.