Custom RLVs

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

Hi, there,
I've only just started making my own rlvs, my first tries consisted of ripping videos from youtube and creating gpx-files with gpsies, then turning them into rlv and pgmf files using RLV Studio and RLV Workbench and finally turning them into tts files using TTS2.
It's a lot of work, but I get to create and ride some new training videos which I like a lot. The percentages on these rides (which I had to adapt by hand and that takes ages) aren't always 100% correct, but I'm happy with them, as long as they don't increase or decrease massively in a short timespan.
Now I'm trying to create my own rlvs using a gopro hero 7 black and a Garmin edge 520. I recorded my rides in the Gorges du Verdon region in France last summer and I'm really happy with the video quality.
I hope there's someone on this forum who knows a bit more about creating custom rlvs, since I'm running into some problems turning my own filmed gopro videos and own recorded gpx files, into decently running training videos.
The problem is that if I cycle faster than the original recording the image keeps running after I've stopped cycling. I've tried about everything that I can think of to fix it, messing with the gpx files, and the only thing I haven't tried yet is downgrading my recordings from 60 fps to 30 fps. Is that maybe the problem? Is anybody more experienced than me with creating custom rlvs? And can you help me out?
mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

This was my first attempt of a custom RLV. It's a short part of the Ocean Road in Norway, and I'm happy to share it with everybody here.

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/mdnivhl92ehan/NO_Ocean_Road
Enjoy.

(edited link)
Last edited by mic-hell on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

That is typically a codec problem, but beyond that there is not much I can offer.

If you look at the rest of the http://www.lunicus.org site, you will see that there are some homemade videos. The system administrator of the overall lunicus site and the main moderator of this site is nzuraw. You might try sending him a personal message asking for tips using that function here:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote:That is typically a codec problem, but beyond that there is not much I can offer.

If you look at the rest of the http://www.lunicus.org site, you will see that there are some homemade videos. The system administrator of the overall lunicus site and the main moderator of this site is nzuraw. You might try sending him a personal message asking for tips using that function here:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
Thanks, I'll do that.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Sorry for absence,

Sounds like video format to me:

What is the:

[*]Video format (i.e. mp4, avi)
[*]Size (i.e. 720, 1080p, 1080i)
[*]Framerate (30, 60, etc)

Have you tried converting the video to the same format that you used previously?
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

nzuraw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:52 amSorry for absence,
FYI - download links have gone missing for the custom RLVs (ex: Mount Baw Baw – Australia).
mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

nzuraw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:52 am Sorry for absence,

Sounds like video format to me:

What is the:

[*]Video format (i.e. mp4, avi)
[*]Size (i.e. 720, 1080p, 1080i)
[*]Framerate (30, 60, etc)

Have you tried converting the video to the same format that you used previously?
Hi, I think I've figured it out by now. Since I didn't have Adobe premiere, I tried using free software called 'videopad video editor' and I couldn't get it to work. Now my oldest has just started university and has an Adobe premiere pro account. I've tried converting my video files using that and I got it up and running. So it indeed was a codec issue I guess.

I now combine my gopro videos (which are a max of 17 minutes long) into one mp4 using Adobe Premiere with these settings.
Format: H.264 - Output: 1920x1080, 50 fps, Progressive, Software Encoding, 01, VBR, 1 pass, Target 10,00 Mbps, Max 12,00 Mbps, No audio
I've no idea what it all means but it seems to work fine.
Then I convert the MP4 file to AVI using Free MOV to AVI Converter 1.12 (64-bit)

Maybe there is an easier way to do this, but I'm already happy it works this way.
The only pain is manually syncing the video with the gps and checking and adapting the gradient % in RLV Workbench, but I guess (if you want to have it right) there's no easier way of doing this, is there?

I'll try to upload another working video when I'm happy with the result.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

Keep us posted Mic-hell, it would be great to have some notes to publish on the site - if you don't mind?
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
JimN
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

ms6073 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:03 pm
nzuraw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:52 amSorry for absence,
FYI - download links have gone missing for the custom RLVs (ex: Mount Baw Baw – Australia).
Yes - presumably they will appear sometime ..... but I keep checking in order to finish the Mt. Macedon download (I was half-way through when it went off line!)
JimN
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mic-hell wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:54 pm This was my first attempt of a custom RLV. It's a short part of the Ocean Road in Norway, and I'm happy to share it with everybody here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t430ktb4m4vwmi6/NO_Ocean_Road.zip/file
Enjoy.
Tried this - but it doesn't seem to be there any more?
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

JimN wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:07 pm
mic-hell wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:54 pm This was my first attempt of a custom RLV. It's a short part of the Ocean Road in Norway, and I'm happy to share it with everybody here.

Enjoy.
If you would like this hosted on the Lunicus site for free, please let me know.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

fixing download links - the files are still up on the site, but obviously you cannot see them! Should be done in an hour or so.

Should be all done. Please ping me if any are missing!
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

Everything on one page, very convenient for downloading:
https://lunicus.org/download/
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike

mic-hell wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:42 pm
Maybe there is an easier way to do this, but I'm already happy it works this way.
The only pain is manually syncing the video with the gps and checking and adapting the gradient % in RLV Workbench, but I guess (if you want to have it right) there's no easier way of doing this, is there?
If you find an easy way let me know ;-) .
mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

BerthaVision wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:37 pm
mic-hell wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:42 pm
If you find an easy way let me know ;-) .
I was hoping that my GPS readings would be a bit more accurate than they are :-)
mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Enjoy.
I'll try uploading it again.

edit: Try this link, should be fixed now

JimN
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mic-hell wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Enjoy.
I'll try uploading it again.

edit: Try this link, should be fixed now

Thanks, hours of fun ahead, JPG looks amazing, son just got a new contract in Norway .......
mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks, hours of fun ahead, JPG looks amazing, son just got a new contract in Norway .......
I'm sorry, it's not going to take you hours I guess. Just a short first try at creating my first rlv. It works fine on tts3, I haven't tested it on tts4 though. Let me know if it works on that as well. You can put it on your site if you want, I don't know how long the link will last.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

Alex Masalovich wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am Everything on one page, very convenient for downloading:
https://lunicus.org/download/
You found my secret stash! :lol:
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
ibrabordi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Italy

I have a problem with the "CUSTOM RVL" videos, the speed that marks the software is very low compared to my physical effort (and on other videos with equal slopes and the same physical effort the speed is the right mark). Do you have any solutions?
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

What trainer and software are you using? It could be as simple as selecting Video Player 1 in the video settings of TTS4 for example.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I recall that from time to time some third-party videos that I used in TTS4 would be almost impossible at the start and others reported this as well. Often the solution was to create a custom ride that began some distance from the start, maybe .5 km or .5 mile. For reasons unknown to almost everyone, this would sometimes help.
Michael Corn
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike

mcorn wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 am I recall that from time to time some third-party videos that I used in TTS4 would be almost impossible at the start and others reported this as well. Often the solution was to create a custom ride that began some distance from the start, maybe .5 km or .5 mile. For reasons unknown to almost everyone, this would sometimes help.
it was I think to do with the the way the distance traveled data is set up for the 1st line of data. If thats wrong then it would calculate a very high distance that you effectively need to ride through in slow motion, going through each of the 30 frames until you hit 1second. I think it was that.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

BerthaVision wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:10 am
mcorn wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 am I recall that from time to time some third-party videos that I used in TTS4 would be almost impossible at the start and others reported this as well. Often the solution was to create a custom ride that began some distance from the start, maybe .5 km or .5 mile. For reasons unknown to almost everyone, this would sometimes help.
it was I think to do with the the way the distance traveled data is set up for the 1st line of data. If thats wrong then it would calculate a very high distance that you effectively need to ride through in slow motion, going through each of the 30 frames until you hit 1second. I think it was that.
Thanks for the knowledge refresh.
Michael Corn
ibrabordi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

nzuraw wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:20 pm What trainer and software are you using? It could be as simple as selecting Video Player 1 in the video settings of TTS4 for example.
use of TTS4 4.23.1, with tacx flow. With other videos it works regularly, while with these practically going full speed, for example on a 5% climb where with other videos I go to 15 km / h, it marks 4 km / h.
kahanamoku
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Enjoy.

(edited link)
For some reason I can't get this to run. I've installed the .rlv, .tts, .pgmf and .avi to relevant folders. The software "sees" the potential of NO Ocean Road, but when telling it to start training... the initialising circle just keeps spinning and it goes nowhere.

Any ideas pls? looks a wonderful video.
Thanks for your help.
mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

ibrabordi wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:43 am
nzuraw wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:20 pm What trainer and software are you using? It could be as simple as selecting Video Player 1 in the video settings of TTS4 for example.
use of TTS4 4.23.1, with tacx flow. With other videos it works regularly, while with these practically going full speed, for example on a 5% climb where with other videos I go to 15 km / h, it marks 4 km / h.
Try editing the route. Just cut off the first 100m and the last and then save it again (like mcorn said). That usually does the trick.
mic-hell
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

kahanamoku wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:42 pm

Enjoy.

(edited link)
For some reason I can't get this to run. I've installed the .rlv, .tts, .pgmf and .avi to relevant folders. The software "sees" the potential of NO Ocean Road, but when telling it to start training... the initialising circle just keeps spinning and it goes nowhere.

Any ideas pls? looks a wonderful video.
Thanks for your help.
No idea why that happens, I use TTS 3 and it works fine for me, haven't tried it on TTS 4.
hjong21
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hello, anyone knows how to convert .RLV to >TTS? to run tacxfilms on TTS 4?

Henk.