TTS no longer activated after app crash

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

leica
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Like a fool I don't have a restore point so it looks like TTS4 is an ex-parrot. What are my options with an old T2200 Flow? I'm guessing at best I can add an ANT+ or Bluetooth speed and cadence sensor to the bike and use TDA and just use the T2200 as a bog-standard trainer?
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Few topics under the TTS forum header with help regards getting TTS up and running again..

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=252

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=243
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
leica
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you Malcolm,

I've read those and I'm still a little confused. I downloaded the zip file - do I need to do a complete re-install? It seems all the installed software is there. I checked my tts4.lic and it's completely empty now. Will re-installing it give me a usable (i.e. "basic version") license file?
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Before you do anything make a copy of all of the TTS Tacx Folder as it will have all past training trainings and settings etc.. then create restore point on your PC.

When you try launch TTS what exactly happens..

If you have your original licence code as the topic stated the server to allow reauthorisation is still active (someone posted in tacx Facebook groups they had contacted Garmin/Tacx and Licence server will be active until late March) .
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Note that Mal is referring to the TTS4 ProgramData folder, which is where the license file is stored.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
leica
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

But if the software is already no longer activated I think making a restore point at this juncture won't help?

I have the original installation DVD(CD? I don't remember), so if an initial re-install gives me a usable "b" license file can I reinstall it? I'm fine with backing up the program data folder, I'm just not sure it'll help the situation.

So I guess my question is, will a reinstall give me working software, even without the activation server being present?
Kyke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

After my computer's hard disk crashes it is impossible for me to install TTS4 and its license activated. Any suggestions? At Garmin it's impossible, they don't care about it (my veto to Garmin products, no more). That said, someone knows how to generate a number or activate mine that I bought.

Thanks at all.
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Kyke wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:57 am After my computer's hard disk crashes it is impossible for me to install TTS4 and its license activated. Any suggestions? At Garmin it's impossible, they don't care about it (my veto to Garmin products, no more). That said, someone knows how to generate a number or activate mine that I bought.

Thanks at all.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=252

Refer to this for manual install
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
Kyke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

Forgive my awkwardness, but I don't understand what the solution is. I have TTS4 installed but my license does not allow me to be active.