TTS did anyone care?

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

bobetski
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi all

I have my Tacx Genius smart (Bluetooth and ant+) set up in my garage to a laptop with TTSAdvance 4.
I suffered an eye issue so didn’t cycle for a year and went back in January to set it up again. I missed all the issues re support stoppingr 2020 etc. Previous to the injury it ran pretty good and had street view for all the time trials. It ran within 10 seconds of the real ride for a couple of my 10 mile TT’s which is impressive.
The issue I have is that the support of TTS4 has ceased yet there doesn’t seem to have been any major protest from users and the reasons seem pretty sketchy at best. Up to around 12 to 18 months previous you could still buy the software advance package with controller and antenna for several hundred pounds on top of over a thousand pounds for the trainer. It’s as if no one has questioned the decision at a huge cost to many. Apart from occasional drop outs I have always ran the software (and still do) on windows 10 and it is fine. All I have is loss of street view which is a google issue. So why has support ceased? It appears to be a commercial decision with no regard to users who spent up to £2000 pounds for the advance setup.
Desktop needs a subscription and looks to have dumped ant+ so black decks controllers etc are redundant?

I may have missed the revolt to tell Garmin it’s not ethical but it does not appear to have happened. Garmin Support have told me that TTS does not run on windows 10 and my trainer is not supported by Desktop but I can have 20% off a new compatible trainer? Yet my TTS works on windows 10 and my trainer has Bluetooth and works is recognised by Tacx trainer road desktop etc.... I question the motives but would welcome all thoughts on this matter.

Thanks
blueberry
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Italy

well, first of all ... good that you're back on your bike.

I won't go too deep into your complaints and topics but as you said, you missed a lot of time and information so I suggest that you try to do a little research in the internet (and in the respective forum platforms) and you will find answers to all of your questions. Cause they have been asked, answered and discussed a lot during the last months or so.

But in general ... you are right. Things could and should be handled much more customer friendly from Tacx / Garmin ...

Have a good weekend ...