Move TTS4 to a New PC

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Hansi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

Hi to all

I have a Functional TTS4 Running. Just activated it before they closed it down.
I´m sure I´ve read it somewere, but cant figure out where ;)
But is it possible to copy TTS4 to at new PC?

Maybe a Guide how to? :geek:

Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

The TTS4 license is keyed to a particular PC. I do not believe it is possible to transfer TTS4 to a different PC unless the Tacx license server is operating. There is a transfer license function you get to on the license screen of TTS4. That transfer requires the use of the license server. So, I would say be sure you have TTS4 on the PC you want for all time before the license server is shut down forever.

However, you can backup TTS4 for re-installation on the same PC as the original license authorization. Restoring TTS4 to the originally-licensed PC does not require the license server. You basically need to make a safe copy of the entire TTS4 folder and its subfolders in the Windows ProgramData folder (NOT the Program Files folder). The TTS4 folder and subfolders contain the license file and other data.

One thing I do not know is what kinds of hardware changes to the original PC will invalidate the license. I believe the TTS4 license is keyed to particular hardware features of the PC, such as CPU, video card, harddrive, LAN card MAC address, or PC IP address, or some algorithm combining various hardware features, but I've never heard anyone describe exactly what they are for TTS4. So, making hardware changes to a licensed PC can be tricky as well.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

And let's dispel the myth that the license is tied to hardware. Hints about this were on the old forum, they are here, they are even on Tacx Twitter. You just need to be careful and be able to analyze the flow of information. And then you will guess what software parameter the license is bound to.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Alex Masalovich wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:35 am And let's dispel the myth that the license is tied to hardware. Hints about this were on the old forum, they are here, they are even on Tacx Twitter. You just need to be careful and be able to analyze the flow of information. And then you will guess what software parameter the license is bound to.
I think the question was whether there is a method to transfer a TTS4 license to a different PC without the license server. Are you aware of a way to do that?
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA