TTS4 crashes on countdown

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

IanSon12
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi all,
Just stumbled across this forum and was hoping someone has the knowledge to help fix an issue im having. Up until today 29/March TTS4 was working fine. I run it on a Mac through VMware fusion which runs Windows 7. Its been running Okish since TTS4 was released. Today it decided to consistently crash at the start countdown stage. Everything seems OK until it counts down., then TTS4 will crash. Thinking it was a OS glitch I updated to Windows 10 (not knowing it wasn't meant to work on Windows 10) but it loaded up OK but still crashed at he countdown stage. So my question is has anyone else suffered this issue and have you managed to figure out what is causing it?

My setup is Original Bushido-(still going strong), TTS4 (4.23.1) and the T2028 Antenna. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It couldn't have picked a worse time to stop working. Thanks.
wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

Maybe Alex can help

LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN service provider stated page unsafe

Q: Yesterday everything worked fine, but today the TTS4 gets stuck at startup. What to do?

A: The most likely reason is an excessively large number of saved rides.

To avoid many problems with the functioning of the TTS4, periodically clean these folders:
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Catalyst\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Ergo\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLT\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLV\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Tests\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\VR\Runs
Move the important rides to another location outside of the folder TTS4. The rest just delete.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Have you checked the log files to see if there are any hints?
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
IanSon12
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks for any help, I never save the training files, I just start from fresh every time.
Ive decided that after two days of banging my head against the wall I will just have to accept the inevitable. I couldn't get it to work so its going to have to be replaced with a newer trainer. (which are currently impossible to get hold of due to Covid19 and everyone buying them up). Just annoys me that a perfectly good Bushido is having to be disposed of due to Tacx no longer supporting the old machinery or software.

Ah well.

Thanks
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Email me the log files and I can have a look and see if anything obvious sticks out.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
IanSon12
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks for the offer but i've wasted enough time with Tacx over the years. It's time i moved on.

Thanks again.

Best regards.
mikeherriman
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Hey there,

I am also experiencing the TTS crash immediately upon countdown this week.

I have taken advice and cleared the directories indicated.

i am currently running the software on Windows 7 virtual machine, using VMWare.

what log files should i be looking for?

i have already purchased a new trainer back in january when my PC died, but dont want to give up on my old USB iFlow yet!!!!

any help will be appreciated!

Mike
patbiteau
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: France

Hello

I am using TTS4 with a TACX T2000 I-GENIUS multiplayer.
I create GPX traces with STRAVA, I import them into TTS4 and when I want to use them, I disconnect my network socket and it works. I reconnect it once my circuit is finished to export my activity in STRAVA.

cordially
SchneiderIS
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

mikeherriman wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:23 pm Hey there,

I am also experiencing the TTS crash immediately upon countdown this week.

I have taken advice and cleared the directories indicated.

i am currently running the software on Windows 7 virtual machine, using VMWare.

what log files should i be looking for?

i have already purchased a new trainer back in january when my PC died, but dont want to give up on my old USB iFlow yet!!!!

any help will be appreciated!

Mike
Any chance that you got this working Mike? I have the same issue and have noticed that those with this problem all appear to share the same setup (Mac running VMWare Fusion with Windows of some sort).
schleck-sandwich
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I had this same issue with my system - it turns out that although my licence is fully activated in the licencing window the code was still failing on some web service licence checks. Since the Tacx servers are off and also I have no internet connection enabled on my Windows 10 VM image that made sense. I managed to get around these calls and now everything works fine and all my old RLV collection and iMagic & Fortius trainers are useable once more :D