Housekeeping

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

Had a bit of boredom today due to Easter or Corona and cleaned up or counted again a bit. I have
  • 93 Tacx TTS4 (or from FORTIUS) RLV or 6,851km (rounded). Wonderful work by Phil :thumbsup: ,
    96 third party TTS4 RLV or 4,966km (rounded),
    78 Tacx TDA RLV downloaded or 2,613 km (rounded).
I didn't consider demo versions or crazy projects like Bergensbahnen (Bergen-Oslo 420 km).

A lot has come together over the past 12 years. It cost a lot, but it was a lot of fun. It is idle to sin over money. What money did I spend on my 2 cyclocross bikes (Ridley and Titanium) and my racing bikes (steel, Colnago Titanium and Storck Carbon) during this time? I love them all and don't give them up.

I love the hobby of cycling and when I see what friends have spent on their hobby of motorcycling (Harley Davidson)?
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

wilf wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:33 pmIt is idle to sin over money. What money did I spend on my 2 cyclocross bikes (Ridley and Titanium) and my racing bikes (steel, Colnago Titanium and Storck Carbon) during this time? I love them all and don't give them up.
Nice sentiment but given the financial outlay you and 1000s others made to Tacx over the years, I would find it difficult to be as forgiving. Also, neither Ridley or Colnago are every going to suddenly decide that after a specific date, although you can continue to ride your bikes, buying new wheels or even changing tires on your existing wheels will no longer be supported, not to mention you will no longer be able to use all the gears on your bike. :shock:
wilf
USER_FLAG: Germany

Yes, of course I agree that neither Ridley nor Colnago indicate an end of use. But what about my Apple Ipad (MD525FD / A) that no longer wants to update via IOS 10 and therefore does not want to update the Tacx Training App?

Likewise, Windows doesn't want to update any of my computers anymore, because Windows thinks the hardware is too old.

On the other hand, I have computers with FORTIUS (blue), TTS1, TTS3 and TTS4 running. And I see no end of use of TTS4.

From a purely business perspective, I have spent several hundred euros over the past few years, a multiple of what I would have to spend on TDA over the next few years. Since I can only pay for a license in the winter months, it is still cheaper for me than the purchase options. If the weather is bad or other adverse circumstances prevent me from training on the road, I still have TTS4.