Which interface in TTS3

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

Today I started TTS3 on my production computer. To start it in my installation (Flux S) the software asked which type of interface I have, iMagic/Fortius, Vortex or Genius. Which is the right ANT+ for me?

Or is it impossible to run TTS3 with Flux?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

wilf wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:01 pm Today I started TTS3 on my production computer. To start it in my installation (Flux S) the software asked which type of interface I have, iMagic/Fortius, Vortex or Genius. Which is the right ANT+ for me?

Or is it impossible to run TTS3 with Flux?
I don't recall that the TTS3 drivers were updated beyond those Tacx trainers. I think the last update was 3.13 in early 2013.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

Tacx did not roll out the ANT+ FE-C updates until TTS 4.11 or so, which was a year or two after support for TTS 3 was dropped.
wilf
USER_FLAG: Germany

ms6073 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:12 pm Tacx did not roll out the ANT+ FE-C updates until TTS 4.11 or so, which was a year or two after support for TTS 3 was dropped.
Thank you for the unfortunately bad news. Since I used an IMagic with TTS3 for a long time, I no longer had the data on it.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I can't recall if there is any way you can plug in the TTS4 hardware drivers to TTS3. I doubt they will work, but I just can't recall to be honest.
Michael Corn
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

When ANT+ FE-C was rolled out to TTS 4, I recall the Device Manager interface had to be updated as well to include the new ANT+ profile.
TomND
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I'm not sure if this is the right place or if I should start a new topic, but if someone a lot smarter than me could figure out how to connect a Neo 2T to TTS3, without violating any applicable laws (does it matter anymore as the software has been effectively abandoned?), I, and probably, a few others would be very grateful. I assume this gets to the Ant+ driver issue. Is it even possible for some skilled person to create an appropriate driver? Is there any way to compensate such an effort? Shareware?

For various reasons, the VR rides in TTS3 are still my favorites. I love the full visibility avatars for my previous rides, the colorful VR terrain, and the slope variation (without the whipsawing of TTS4). The Fortius trainer has passed to my wife and changing bikes back and forth is not a reasonable option.

Thanks for any insights.
mickyduck
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

You could try Golden Cheetah.. in train mode it will play the TTS videos
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

TomND wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:05 pm I'm not sure if this is the right place or if I should start a new topic, but if someone a lot smarter than me could figure out how to connect a Neo 2T to TTS3, without violating any applicable laws (does it matter anymore as the software has been effectively abandoned?), I, and probably, a few others would be very grateful. I assume this gets to the Ant+ driver issue. Is it even possible for some skilled person to create an appropriate driver? Is there any way to compensate such an effort? Shareware?

For various reasons, the VR rides in TTS3 are still my favorites. I love the full visibility avatars for my previous rides, the colorful VR terrain, and the slope variation (without the whipsawing of TTS4). The Fortius trainer has passed to my wife and changing bikes back and forth is not a reasonable option.

Thanks for any insights.
There are very specific dll files (drivers) used for all versions of TTS that contain the computer code for each specific hardware device. So, without that, you will likely never get a Neo2T to work with TTS3. In addition, as I recall, all TTS3 hardware was mediated through the head set rather than have the brake take talk directly to the PC. And finally, TTS3 does not use standard ANT+, it uses a proprietary ANT protocol. So, this just seems very unrealistic.
Michael Corn
TomND
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks for the info Mcorn. Sounds pretty complicated. I guess I'll have to give up on that one. Price of progress, I suppose. I've got the Neo 2T mounted on a Realplate React rocker (rock and fore-and-aft) so I won'tl be going back to the Fortius. I haven't tried Zwift yet. Maybe that will remove the TTS3 nostalgia.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

TomND wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:23 pm Thanks for the info Mcorn. Sounds pretty complicated. I guess I'll have to give up on that one. Price of progress, I suppose. I've got the Neo 2T mounted on a Realplate React rocker (rock and fore-and-aft) so I won'tl be going back to the Fortius. I haven't tried Zwift yet. Maybe that will remove the TTS3 nostalgia.
Have you tried TDA, which works quite well with a Neo2T, which I have had for some months now. You can try TDA for free. It also will create courses from gpx GPS files and if the area where the ride is created have new Bing aerial maps, you get a pretty good 3D effect. For me, TDA is far better than TTS ever was, but of course this is all very subjective and as you know there is no VR graphics like TTS.
Michael Corn
TomND
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I have been using the Tacx training app films with the Neo2T and they work very well. Its just that I had created several customized routes in TTS3 VR (with a steering frame) which became favorite rides. Sigh! Time to move on! Zwift may fill that void when I try it in the near future.