Tacx RLV Amstel 2013 activation

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

markus matthias
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

i own a Tacx RLV Blue Ray Amstel 2013, which was not activated yet. Now the server is down, i can not activate the RLV online. In TTS 4 there was the possibility to get an activation via mail. sending a protocol generated via the software.
I contacted the germin support center, and they told me the activation is not passible any more
Is there another issue?
thanks and greetings
Markus
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

markus matthias wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:12 pm i own a Tacx RLV Blue Ray Amstel 2013, which was not activated yet. Now the server is down, i can not activate the RLV online. In TTS 4 there was the possibility to get an activation via mail. sending a protocol generated via the software.
I contacted the germin support center, and they told me the activation is not passible any more
Is there another issue?
thanks and greetings
Markus
Sorry, video and all other types of activations are no longer possible by any method that I know of. Sort of the end of the road.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

markus matthias wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:12 pm i own a Tacx RLV Blue Ray Amstel 2013, which was not activated yet.
Markus
Big mistake.Why did you not activate this 2013 ride.I have all TTS4 Blue Rays and they cost me £60 each :shock: Good job all are activated.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Cycling2011 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 pm Good job all are activated.
Be careful not to get injured by patting yourself on the back.
Michael Corn
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels

I have contacted Garmin 6 times by continually keeping my "Ticket" open by replying to their response to try to get some resolution to activation of software.. Absolutely no satisfactory response at all. I have 2 films not activated so its not the end of the world but it is irritating !
I got the standard offer of a 20% off voucher against a new trainer but a messy solution for me as my first generation carbon "look bicycle" that I use on the trainer will only take an 8 speed cassette.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

mickyduck wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:20 pm I have contacted Garmin 6 times by continually keeping my "Ticket" open by replying to their response to try to get some resolution to activation of software.. Absolutely no satisfactory response at all. I have 2 films not activated so its not the end of the world but it is irritating !
I got the standard offer of a 20% off voucher against a new trainer but a messy solution for me as my first generation carbon "look bicycle" that I use on the trainer will only take an 8 speed cassette.
While I think it would be good customer relations for Garmin/Tacx to do something to fix this issue (perhaps liberate the software into the public domain just like the older Fortius program), it does not look like anything more will happen, at least for now. The answer always seems to be the same.

You should not have any trouble getting an 8 speed cassette to work on one of the newer Tacx trainers, like the Neo2T. There are many makes available. Not sure which older trainer you have, but the Neo is a big step above the older models in terms of smoothness, noise and performance.

I also think the Tacx Desktop App is a similar improvement over TTS, although others may not agree. The Premium HD subscription is also very reasonably priced and gives you access to a very large library of high quality videos.
Michael Corn
mickyduck

I have a Fortius and TBH don't ride enough to justify the expenditure on a new trainer, I have an almost new Fortius (boxed) in my loft in case any parts break as spares are silly prices...

Thanks for the info re 8 speed cassette I thought the minimum for a Neo was 10.

We have 2 licences for TTS4 ADV and I actually think it is a very good product, I even ride thed VR stuff. It is irritating that after paying about £100 for each license we may not be able to use them if anything goes wrong with our existing installs. The issue of the films was my fault.. we de activated TTS and moved it to another PC ... I just copied the films over rather than re installing them... Susan has had not tried to ride them until recently so not a major issue.
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

mickyduck wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:29 pmThanks for the info re 8 speed cassette I thought the minimum for a Neo was 10.
8-speed drive train on a trainer bike - that would drive me crazy since it does not match my road bike . :D
So if you have Campagnolo 8-speed drive train, then the issue is that the freehub spline pattern was changed from 9-speed onward. If you are running Shimano 8-speed, I suspect that the cassette could be used with spacers on the Neo 2/2T Shimano freehub body but not the original Neo which had an Edco Multisys freehub body.
mickyduck

ms6073 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:56 pm
mickyduck wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:29 pmThanks for the info re 8 speed cassette I thought the minimum for a Neo was 10.
8-speed drive train on a trainer bike - that would drive me crazy since it does not match my road bike . :D
So if you have Campagnolo 8-speed drive train, then the issue is that the freehub spline pattern was changed from 9-speed onward. If you are running Shimano 8-speed, I suspect that the cassette could be used with spacers on the Neo 2/2T Shimano freehub body but not the original Neo which had an Edco Multisys freehub body.
Does not drive me crazy at all riding inside is completely different to real life.. in many ways I find inside better for training as I can regulate my HR and get off if Im F**ked... impossible outside when 10 miles from home... looks like even more bad news for me all my bikes are Campag... my trainer is 8 speed campag
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

mickyduck wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:52 pmDoes not drive me crazy at all riding inside is completely different to real life.
Sorry, that was meant as tongue-in-cheek as it was me pointing out my own OCD tendencies. :ugeek:
mickyduck

ms6073 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:13 pm
mickyduck wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:52 pmDoes not drive me crazy at all riding inside is completely different to real life.
Sorry, that was meant as tongue-in-cheek as it was me pointing out my own OCD tendencies. :ugeek:
No problem no offence taken....
cannondale evo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Iwonder why companies are still selling the tts software and the tts videos?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

cannondale evo wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:49 am Iwonder why companies are still selling the tts software and the tts videos?
Garmin/Tacx is not, but third-party vendors who have old inventory in stock no doubt want to get rid of it. Not very ethical. If a Tacx dealer were selling it, I would complain to the Tacx. But I doubt any Tacx dealers are doing this.
Michael Corn
steve01242
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hello,
As I read this thread I see the amount of people affected by this like me!
What a rubbish company Tacx / Garmin have become, probably like many of you out of principle I will by any future real life video anywhere else, as Tacx think I no longer have the right to use my £60 Blu-rays they sold me!
That aside I will not give up re-activating my previously activated discs, I have every thing working can see the profile, and settings, just can’t get to re-register / activate any suggestions?
P.s. If you have lost your licence file all is not lost, download DDME free file recovery software run it and look in your windows.old folder follow the path Window.old/program data/tacx/trainer software/TTS4/ etc and your tts4.lic file is there!!! Voila welcome back Tacx TTS4 virtual reality, now if anyone can help me with the real life videos if would be much appreciated!