help for creation tts file

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

benja65
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Italy

Hello,
I'm trying to create my own rlvideo to use with may TTS4 program.
I have made avi, pgmf and rlv files.
I know that it is not possible to import old Fortius files (avi, pgmf and rlv) directly into TTS4 but first you need to create tts files importing them in older version of TTS2 or TTS3.
I have tried to import my files in TTS2 and TTS3 program. (I bought Fortius, TTS1, TTS2, TTS3 and TTS4 from Tacx and I'm very angry they have decided to discontinue support for them :evil: )
But with TTS3 I receive this massage:
"Error - Import is only available for videos with a product ID lower than T1956.30. Please use the DVD installer instead."
Instead in TTS2 I receive this message:
"Creating TTS file.
Can't find penice1.rlv
Failed to import penice1"
I tried both putting files on the desktop and in catalyst\video and catalist\programs\ directory but I get the same result.
What can I wrong?
For import video not Tacx toi create tts file it is necessary a particular version of TTS2 or TTS3 software.
Thank's in advance for your help

Regards
Beniamino
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Basically the TTS control file used in TTS3 and TTS4 is encrypted. As the message you received indicates, TTS3 and TTS4 allowed you to import Tacx-only videos older than T1956.30, but no others. TTS3 and TTS4 have a way of recognizing and rejecting any other videos.

The only way around this was in TTS1 (and maybe TTS2) that allowed you to import older non-encrypted Fortius videos using the *.rlv and *.pgmf control files. Using a function inside TTS1, the program would create a new encrypted TTS control file for any video with *.rlv and *.pgmf control files. So, unless you have a working version of TTS1 (and maybe TTS2), you are out of luck. I suspect that this workaround is how a number of third-party videos makers were able to make and sell their own videos and make them compatible with TTS3 and TTS4.

Just as background, I think Tacx took the position that generating your own encrypted TTS file and distributing it was a breach of the license agreement and/or copyright infringement. Not sure any of that matters much anymore as TTS is on its way to being just another 8 track audio player anyway.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
benja65
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank's
What is strange is that I can't import my files also in TTS1 and TTS2.
The message is always that program can't find xxxx.rlv file.
I have tried to reinstall programs on a new hard disk but obviously it's impossible to register my key and so software works only for 15 days. I tried anyway to import files but the result is the same :wasted:

Best regards
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

.rlv file is from about 2004-2007 its a long time ago i think the idea for the 3rd party guys to make the films was to use TTS1 where you should be able to import the .pgmf file which was a kind of fairly open & easy to make slope/time/distance workout file & the the .rlv file which was the part that linked it to a video file & had course names etc...Ive not looked at one for over a decade. Anyway you have to be doing something wrong with the importing of the rlv file, maybe you have it named wrong? Once you have the file in .tts format you can get the ride to work in TTS4. But Eri in another post in here just wrote a script to make your own rides in Golden Cheeter work. That would be free & is probably a great solution for those interested in doing DIY rides. The other options are Kinomaps, Bkool & Rouvy, Kinomaps is probably the best DIY software its what they base their whole software on. I would not hate Tacx too much also, remember for just peanuts you can have direct access to 100s of rides created in grade perfect inclinometer data & cinema camera gear thats cost 10s of 1000s euros. We are moving to 6K & new cutting edge camera gear as we speak. Should be some incredible images which is what you will be looking at for hours. I think considering the cost it used to be that a very high quality experience can be had by everyone for the cost of one quality Belgian beer a month ;-)

benja65
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Ok thank's.
It's not a question of money, I bought all programs fom tacx and now I am paying for Zwift, BigRingVr, and probably in the coming month also for Rouvy.
However I would like to use my videos because they look at routes that I often do for training in reality or other place I ride during my holidays.
Name is the same for avi, pgmf and rlv files, I don't understand what the problem maybe.
I was hoping to do it also because my videos were made with a garmin virb 30 camera with resolution 2K/4k, so quality is good.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

benja65 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:11 am Thank's
What is strange is that I can't import my files also in TTS1 and TTS2.
The message is always that program can't find xxxx.rlv file.
I have tried to reinstall programs on a new hard disk but obviously it's impossible to register my key and so software works only for 15 days. I tried anyway to import files but the result is the same :wasted:

Best regards
Did not know you had TTS1, so you should be able to do this. As Phil says, it may be a file naming issue or something similar. It has been so many years since I did this, I really cannot remember the details anymore.
Michael Corn
wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

If I remember darkly, a small program called PatchTacx was needed to locate the destination of the .avi file in the .rlv so that TTS could find it. Simply using the Explorer was not possible.

But it's been a long time ...
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

wilf wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:42 am If I remember darkly, a small program called PatchTacx was needed to locate the destination of the .avi file in the .rlv so that TTS could find it. Simply using the Explorer was not possible.

But it's been a long time ...
There were a number of tools. One is is called RLVCockpit that can be used to change RLV files. One of those functions was changing the location of the avi file.

I have a copy of the installer and am happy to send it.
Michael Corn
benja65
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

thanks you all.
I have solved my problem :smile: :thumbsup: there was a problem in pgmf file.
I have created tts file using my TTS1 program. But I don't remember if this file works fine with TTS4 or before I need to import in TTS2 or TTS3 and use in TTS4 the one created by these?.
Bye
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

benja65 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:03 pm thanks you all.
I have solved my problem :smile: :thumbsup: there was a problem in pgmf file.
I have created tts file using my TTS1 program. But I don't remember if this file works fine with TTS4 or before I need to import in TTS2 or TTS3 and use in TTS4 the one created by these?.
Bye
If you have a working *.tts file, you should be able to just copy it into TTS3 or TTS4 without any problem. You may have to make an entry into the *.xml file for the location of the *.avi file.
Michael Corn
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

A tts1 .tts file should import into TTS4 (import trainings tts file) then go to the video tab after locating your ride on the left (Videos?) click the video tab on your ride & then you will be asked to locate the avi file. You dont need to do anything else.
benja65
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Ok thank's
Not sure TTS file created by TTS1 was the same for TTS4

Bye
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

benja65 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:05 am Ok thank's
Not sure TTS file created by TTS1 was the same for TTS4

Bye
Whether or not it is the same, it is completely compatible with TTS4. I can't recall for sure, but there may be some features that are present in the later TTS4 videos that would not appear in a video imported from TTS1.
Michael Corn
Brave Lee Flea
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I had what seemed like a brilliant idea the other day. I decided to try using modern video AI upscaling on the avi file of my favourite TACX RLV rides. These are quite old, even by TACX RLV standards, and while the video quality is not every good I enjoy the rides.

I used the trial version of Topaz Video Enhance AI and I must say I am really pleased with the results! I increased the resolution to 150% of original (from 768x576 to 1152x864) and it has really sharpened up the image quality, beyond what I thought would be possible.

However the software only writes h264 MP4 files, so I used ffmpeg to repackage the video stream into an avi container and replaced the original avi with my new upscaled version.

I happen to have bought some after-market RLVs from www.reallifevideo.de and I can see that his avi files contain videos in h264 (x264? unsure of the difference) codec so I had thought that I would not need to re-encode.

This does not work. :(
It turns out that I am not as clever as I thought I was. Which is a shame as I thought I was really jolly clever.

I will try re-econding the video a) back to its original resolution (really don't want to do this as it is still less than the 1920x1080 res of my screen) and b) as an xvid rather than h264 but I wondered if anybody has any experience of doing something similar? If so, do you think it is possible to simply replace the existing video with a better quality one, and if so what are the likely restrictions? Is it possible to modify the TTS4 file appropriately?
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

With my RLV play arounds. I used:

Virtual Dub: http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
Sony Vegas Pro - or other video editing program
Xvid codek: http://www.xvid.org/ download http://ww ... id=0&did=1
Logarith losless codek: http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html
Deshaker til Virtual Dub: http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm
_______o
_____~\<,_