TTS 4 Help

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

believenw
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Wales

So earlier this year I purchased i believe a Tacx T2010 I-Genius multiplayer smart with Black Track second hand. Which came with TTS4. Which I have since found out on trying to install that I cannot license the software and having read these forums appears I will not be able to so makes it somewhat unusable. (So feeling somewhat ripped off) could I ask for your help with my questions

Is it likley that I can use this with any other software?
Is there a way to see if it will work with the TDA software with a cost?
IS there a know way to make the TTS4 software work?
How do I find out which model I have actually purchased?

Im sure you have been asked these al before but thank you for your help

Cheers

Neil
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

believenw wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:35 pm So earlier this year I purchased i believe a Tacx T2010 I-Genius multiplayer smart with Black Track second hand. Which came with TTS4. Which I have since found out on trying to install that I cannot license the software and having read these forums appears I will not be able to so makes it somewhat unusable. (So feeling somewhat ripped off) could I ask for your help with my questions

Is it likley that I can use this with any other software?
Is there a way to see if it will work with the TDA software with a cost?
IS there a know way to make the TTS4 software work?
How do I find out which model I have actually purchased?

Im sure you have been asked these al before but thank you for your help

Cheers

Neil
There should be a sticker on the brake unit next to the power input plug that tells you the specific model of brake you have. I don't think there is anything you can to do to get TTS to install anymore. If you have the older I-Genius T2010 or T2020, it is not a true modern smart trainer (Bluetooth plus ANT+), so I am not sure if it will connect with any other software any longer. I think Rouvy software used to support the older Genius units, but no longer.

You could look around for a newer smart brake that fits your frame. There used to be an upgrade power support for your trainer that converted it to a smart unit, but they were quite expensive and are now very hard to find. A Tacx Vortex brake will fit the frame as well.

Unfortunately, you have what has become a pretty obsolete piece of technology.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I cannot offer you any real help but just to comment there are a lot of dishonest sellers of old equipment out there.
The number of for sale adds I have seen quoting "TTS4 with serial number," film with activation code etc etc is disgraceful. Have you no come back on the seller if you bought it being told it had licences etc?
If you could contact the seller and get some information about his previous install that may be helpful?
believenw
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Wales

Thank you both for your replys. I will check the model later. I dont suppose you would know if the unit would work standalone like a basic turbo trainer e.g. resitance adjustment is down to how much effort you but in.

Once again thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

believenw wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 am Thank you both for your replys. I will check the model later. I dont suppose you would know if the unit would work standalone like a basic turbo trainer e.g. resitance adjustment is down to how much effort you but in.

Once again thanks
I do not know of any way to use it as a standalone turbo trainer.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
SchneiderIS
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Just saw this as I am looking to solve some other issues with a T2020. You might find the following link of interest as it talks about where to get the software and how to bypass the license issue. It may require finding someone that can help with their own file.

http://w47.narod.ru/tts4.html#01
mickyduck
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

There is some activity with "Golden Cheetah" Development to try get it working properly with the fortius