Unusable iFlow???

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Bugs Bunny
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Hello to all here on the forum.
After few years of not using my iFlow T1901 I found out that the TTS4 has been discontinued. I had my last ride with the trainer in 2017 and of course I sold the PC with the installation (it was formatted before it was sold).
I just need a clear YES or NO if the thing is a piece of junk right now, because obviously I didn't check out the licence in 2017 and I had no idea they are going to cancel the support...
Any alternatives for making my trainer going?
I can't even train without software, because with it is clinically dead (no resistance at all).

Tnx guys.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

3 years is a pretty long passage of time in technology-oriented products. There are a number of approaches that people have taken to get their old Tacx hardware to work. You may be out of luck in getting TTS operating as most of the solutions involve having TTS working on a computer and effectively transferring it to another PC.

One solution is to use the Flow with the older 32-bit Fortius software and using VMWare on your PC. Other solutions involve various custom software or hardware interfaces that enable the Flow to send and receive ANT+ signals. A lot of these solutions depend on being a bit technically-oriented and having an interest and willingness to fiddle around. Most of these are not simple plug and play solutions.

If you search this forum and the Internet you can find discussions about this. The site that hosts this forum has quite a bit of information on using the Fortius software and VMWare. There are discussions in this forum about that as well.

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/fortius-software/
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Bugs Bunny
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you very much for the info. :thumbsup:
Bugs Bunny
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Guys, guys...
Nobody told me you can install the FortiusANT+ (Open source) software and connect your iFlow with the USB, and from there you need only ANT+ USB for connecting with Tacx, Rouvy and others... It works like any other NEW trainer, for the cost of 15 EUR or less.
I needed for about a week of researching to come this far. Why don't you discuss about this here guys?
Hint for others: GitHub -> Fortius ANT+

Over and out.
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I think you will see above this was mentioned

Other solutions involve various custom software or hardware interfaces that enable the Flow to send and receive ANT+ signals. A lot of these solutions depend on being a bit technically-oriented and having an interest and willingness to fiddle around. Most of these are not simple plug and play solutions."
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Lots of discussion on these topics on this forum. Just need to look around:

viewtopic.php?p=2476#p2476
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA