How to make Fortius & TTS work with new owner?

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Spratzky
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I bought my Tacx Fortius T1945 in 2008. I don’t have the trainer program installed on my computer since the hard drive was replaced. I have my original Fortius 2.02 software CD, and also a CD with Tacx Trainer 4.6 full install. I want to give the Fortius and the software to a friend. How should he go about installing and making it work on his computer?

Thanks,
Spratzky
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Spratzky wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:56 pm I bought my Tacx Fortius T1945 in 2008. I don’t have the trainer program installed on my computer since the hard drive was replaced. I have my original Fortius 2.02 software CD, and also a CD with Tacx Trainer 4.6 full install. I want to give the Fortius and the software to a friend. How should he go about installing and making it work on his computer?

Thanks,
Spratzky
The Fortius software will only work on a 32-bit operating system. If your friend has a PC with a 32-bit OS on it, it can be installed. If that is not possible, there is a whole method of using VMWare to accomplish this, but it is something for computer-oriented types. Another section of this website has detailed instructions, including download links.

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/fortius-software/

There is really no way to install Tacx Trainer Software anymore as the authentication servers no longer exist.

There are some solutions for converting the Fortius trainer to work with ANT+, but this is strictly for technically-oriented computer fans. There are various discussions of this on this forum.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Spratzky
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

So Fortius software can be installed, but TTS cannot? I thought (my bad, I guess) they were the same thing, just different generations.

Spratzky
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Spratzky wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:38 am So Fortius software can be installed, but TTS cannot? I thought (my bad, I guess) they were the same thing, just different generations.

Spratzky
No, they are very different products. TTS added a number of features, but most importantly it added anti-piracy features which the Fortius software completely lacked.
Michael Corn
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I have read elsewhere that "sometimes" the software can be activated by using the serial number as the authenticator code that would have been sent from the TTS server... I have not tried this as my install is working but maybe worth a try?
I think you have to register it "offline"
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

mickyduck wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:06 am I have read elsewhere that "sometimes" the software can be activated by using the serial number as the authenticator code that would have been sent from the TTS server... I have not tried this as my install is working but maybe worth a try?
I think you have to register it "offline"
I don't really have personal experience on some of these alternate hacks. Frankly, I wish Garmin Tacx would just liberate TTS into the public domain the same way they did with the older Fortius software. At this point I think it would have little effect on their business as TTS, just like the Fortius software before it, has many shortcomings compared to TDA. Very few users have any interest in fiddling around with ancient software.

What would be nice is an easy method that allowed people with older non-Smart hardware to easily use it with TDA. I know there are a couple of fixes, but this is mostly for tech types and home brew enthusiasts. I think there are a fair number of people who have purchased older used Tacx trainers not realizing they have a lot of comptability problems.
Michael Corn
Spratzky
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I agree 100% On another note, are the Real Life Videos usable? And if so, what does it take to make them work?

thanks,
Spratzky
Minnesota
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Spratzky wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:31 pm I agree 100% On another note, are the Real Life Videos usable? And if so, what does it take to make them work?

thanks,
Spratzky
Minnesota
Whose videos are you referring to - Germany or Netherlands? When I used TTS, I did get a few of both and they were fine at the time, but Phil's TDA videos are now much better in my opinion. You need a working TTS installation to use them, except the NL seller appears to be software now, which you have to purchase. Installation of the videos in TTS was not hard.

https://www.reallifevideo.de/aktuell.php?lang=en

https://www.real-life-video.nl/
Michael Corn
Spratzky
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Michael, I bought the videos from the Tacx website years ago, 2013 and after, with a notice that they are compatible only with Tacx Trainer software 3.0 and higher. I
still have the TTS install disc 4.1 purchased from Tacx, and also 4.6 full install, both noting that they are compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit, so I'm hoping my friend will be able to install it one way or another from some of the suggestions in this forum, and maybe be able to use the videos. He is more computer tech savvy than I, however, if you know for a fact he won't be able to get the TTS installed on the Fortius Multitrainer. let me know and it will save him the trouble. I appreciate your suggestions and patience since I know i'm being a bit redundant here.

Spratzky
Minnesota
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Spratzky wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:20 pm Michael, I bought the videos from the Tacx website years ago, 2013 and after, with a notice that they are compatible only with Tacx Trainer software 3.0 and higher. I
still have the TTS install disc 4.1 purchased from Tacx, and also 4.6 full install, both noting that they are compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit, so I'm hoping my friend will be able to install it one way or another from some of the suggestions in this forum, and maybe be able to use the videos. He is more computer tech savvy than I, however, if you know for a fact he won't be able to get the TTS installed on the Fortius Multitrainer. let me know and it will save him the trouble. I appreciate your suggestions and patience since I know i'm being a bit redundant here.

Spratzky
Minnesota
Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to third-party videos.

If these are later Tacx videos that require a code to authenticate, I think you really are out of luck. Even if you can get TTS itself authenticated and working, these types of videos also require separate authentication. I have not heard of any workarounds for this problem, but maybe there are. Look for a code on the packaging to see if it is in this category. Some earlier TTS videos did not have a code.
Michael Corn
sgmack
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi Spratzky

If your friend got TTS 4 working with the Fortius trainer he'd probably only be able to use the un licensed rlv's.
If you had TTS 4 working and have access all the sub folders then if you pass these on your friend may have a chance.
Here is a link to a pdf file that may help get TTS 4 working on your friends pc

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D3sM1R ... sp=sharing

Cheers.........Steve
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy