RLV creation/conversion software

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

chyperie
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi
Am I correct in thinking that RLV Studio and Workbench no longer exists?

Is there any software out there that can convert AVI to RLV files, I've searched but can't seem to find anything.

Looking because I won't to try creating my on videos for TTS3

Cheers
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

The video file doesn't change format (i.e. AVi into RLV), it's the control files that RLV Studio and the like create that provide the much needed link.

https://www.lunicus.org/download/RLV_Creation.rar
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels

I may have a copy of RLV studio... I will take a look on a very old PC...
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

There is a copy of the last version of RLVStudio in my archived file (previous post)
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mickyduck

nzuraw wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:58 pm There is a copy of the last version of RLVStudio in my archived file (previous post)
Thanks..
Sorry didn't realise save me looking for it
chyperie
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

nzuraw wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:45 am The video file doesn't change format (i.e. AVi into RLV), it's the control files that RLV Studio and the like create that provide the much needed link.

https://www.lunicus.org/download/RLV_Creation.rar
Thank you very much, no doubt I'll be along later with questions !
chyperie
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I knew I'd be back!

So I need to create the TTS file, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have TTS3 and I right in thinking I can only create this through TTS1 or TTS2?

Thanks in advance
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

As I recall, TTS1 was able to import an unencrypted Fortius video, including the *.rlv and *.pgmf control files, and convert it to a *.tts file. Not sure if TTS2 was able to do that. In any event, coming up with a new working version of TTS1 is probably close to impossible. No doubt some hacker somewhere has found another way to create a *.tts file. This is all a ton of work that in my judgment is not worth the effort unless you are the kind of person who loves to continue to use your 40 year old 8-track player. The quality of most home-brew videos tends not to be very good compared to what is available now.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
chyperie
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:44 pm As I recall, TTS1 was able to import an unencrypted Fortius video, including the *.rlv and *.pgmf control files, and convert it to a *.tts file. Not sure if TTS2 was able to do that. In any event, coming up with a new working version of TTS1 is probably close to impossible. No doubt some hacker somewhere has found another way to create a *.tts file. This is all a ton of work that in my judgment is not worth the effort unless you are the kind of person who loves to continue to use your 40 year old 8-track player. The quality of most home-brew videos tends not to be very good compared to what is available now.
Yes I am that kind of person! I'm an avid singlespeed rider both on and off road and turbo trainer. I take your point though all the time and effort could be better spent riding!

Thanks for the advice
mickyduck

I often say to myself "if I spent as much time training as I did messing about with the PC I would be much fitter" LOL
chyperie
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mickyduck wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:16 am I often say to myself "if I spent as much time training as I did messing about with the PC I would be much fitter" LOL
I think it's a competitive thing. I just don't want to be beaten by technology, although I usually am!