cant startup tts4 - google license error

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

berdy
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Hello,

2 years ago, i moved tt4 to another laptop. it works all fine.
i didn't use tts4 since 1 year, last days i want to start the software, but there's an error with the google license?

see screenshot

Has anyone solved this problem before?
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (103.83 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Don't think this is a Google license, which has not worked for a long time. Looks like a TTS license error.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
berdy
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

i didn't change anything. copying the tts4.lic didn't solve the problem.
computername is the same
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hello

I had the same problem yesterday. I did my ride on Golden Cheetah and shut it down. Today: No problem. Is has something to do with the date of the tts4.lic file

Marc
SchneiderIS
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

just to pass along my experience with this same problem in the event that someone else gets the same error. In my case I had forgotten to rename the computer to original name used by the license file.
gadgetman
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I just had a similar (but not identical issue) and have a short thread on here called 'TTS4 suddenly stopped working' posted yesterday.

Think it is now fixed so have described how I got TTS4 to open again in that thread. May be something there that helps.
BikeJAG
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I saw on the Tacx support page that they are no longer validating licenses for TTS4 so if you move it to another computer it won't work.

Bill
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

BikeJAG wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:56 pm if you move it to another computer it won't work.
Actually, that is not completely accurate. There are many discussions here for successfully moving a working installation of TTS to another computer. There is also a description of the procedure on another part of this website (go to "How Can I Reinstall TTS4?")

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/tacx- ... oftware-4/

However, in the spirit of what you have said, I also observe people have numerous problems with moving or maintaining working TTS installations and I am guessing it will only get worse, particularly for installations on Windows 10 machines as Microsoft continues to release major W10 updates twice a year. These updates are often similar to a new operating system installation, so I can easily imagine that these could create mischief for very old software like TTS. After a while, it just becomes hanging on by your fingernails and is best reserved for computer tech types rather than ordinary citizens who just want to get a workout.

I wish Garmin Tacx would just liberate TTS into the public domain in the same way they have done with the older Fortius software. Frankly, I don't think it would cost them much business but it would help with the continued loss of good will from customers.
Michael Corn
SchneiderIS
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Agreed on liberation and allowing open source to further develop. With all that TTS does it is in my opinion way better than any of the newer online platforms.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

SchneiderIS wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:13 pm Agreed on liberation and allowing open source to further develop. With all that TTS does it is in my opinion way better than any of the newer online platforms.
TDA is a far better program in my opinion. TTS was and is a bloated nightmarish product in many respects. Glad to see it go, but I understand the frustration of those who feel they cannot fully realize on their investment. But this is the story of most technologies when they reach obsolescence . You only have a short-term rental on a technology-based product - you never truly buy it even if you have a piece of hardware.

And even if you can keep TTS loading, many of its functions no longer work.

I had an attic full of computer and electronics hardware that went the same way. If I was lucky I found someone to take it for free, but sometimes I had to pay them to take it off my hands.

This is also why I think Garmin Tacx should set TTS free as it really won't matter much to their business in the long run. Customer good will and loyalty are more important than a few dollars of subscription fees.
Michael Corn