TTS4 suddenly stopped working

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

gadgetman
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.

I stopped using TTS4 about 18 months ago, installed on a Windows 10 laptop.

A couple of weeks ago I set up my old Fortius turbo again, connected to the laptop with TTS4 on it and checked everything was working, which it was. TTS4 started up no problem, Catalyst workouts were ok, RLV working ok too.

I passed everything on to one of my sons so he could use it.

He connected everything up, started up TTS4 but instead of everything working as it had for me he got a 'Sorry, it is not possible to continue' message. Click 'next' or 'end' both shut down the software. The error message suggests in has somehow become de-activated.

The TTS4.lic file still exists in the progamme data folder, but I noticed it has the date and time of when the error first started, like the file has been updated somehow - is that normal? I don't have any previous version of the license file.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks!
TTS4error.JPG
TTS4error.JPG (58.48 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

The file tts4.lic gets updated every time you start the software. This is preventing us to play around with the date of the computer. (evaluation period and temporary licenses) Worst case scenario is that you "rebuild" the TTS4 installation. You can also let somebody else/friend ? check the lic file if it is not corrupted. It is a couple of minutes work.

MTB
gadgetman
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Thanks for the suggestions.

Appear to have fixed it to get it to open, but now need to get the laptop back to the user to check it works when connected to the Fortius. Not sure which of these actions or combinations was the answer -

Renames my existing license file just by adding an 'X' to the start of it to disable it but not delete.
Added the two license files that can be downloaded from a link elsewhere on this forum.
Turned off my internet connection.
Used the Tacx Support Tool to reset TTS, User and Cache settings.

Started the software. The license activation screen pops up - left all options blank and clicked 'End'
TTS4 starts up and all elements appear to be available.

Fingers crossed it works when everything is connected up.