TTS3 Fortius trainer

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

TomND
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Hi All.

I have both TTS3 and TTS4 on a Windows 7 laptop (dedicated to the trainer). They were both running well with TTS4 v.13 and TTS3 v.12 controlling a Fortius trainer.

I updated TTS4 to v.18.2 to allow use with a Tacx Neo2t. No other changes to the computer. The Neo works great with TTS4. Also, TTS4 still works great with the Fortius. However, after the updates to TTS4, TTS3 starts OK, still shows all the routes, including my custom routes, and my saved rides, but does not recognize the Fortius headunit or the Fortius motor/brake. Did the updates to TTS4 to Ant+ destroy the connection between TTS3 and the Fortius somehow?

I seem to recall some info about this in the old Tacx forum but, sadly, all of that collective knowledge appears to be gone. Is that true?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get TTS3 to recognize the headunit and motor/brake again?

Thanks.
wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

In my dark memories, when TTS3 and TTS4 coexisted, you had to copy the file TacxUSB.dll from the directory C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Tacx \ TacxTrainersoftware4 (in my case) to the directory .. \ ... \ TacxTrainersoftware3. Were newer drivers that were entered in the registry.

Make a backup copy beforehand in case I have made a mistake.
TomND
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Wilf,

Brilliant! That solved the problem and both TTS3 and TTS4 work fine with the Fortius again.

Thank you very much.
wilf
USER_FLAG: Germany

You are welcome

Have fun