I'm thick. TTS4 backup help please.

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Ray-S
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi guys. Following on from the advice given with regard to making a note of the tts4.lic file I am not sure what I am doing.
I have found a file named tts4 Date modified is yesterday? (I tried doing this yesterday) Type is LIC File Size is 3KB
If I open that I get rows and rows of all sorts of numbers and characters or do I just copy the file without opening it.

The instruction given by nzuraw on making a backup is to copy the files tts4.lic or tts4b.lic but I don't see them. Not very good with this sort of thing which is probably obvious. .

Thanks.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Here are instructions from this website (see "How do I backup my existing pre-activated TTS4 license?")

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/tacx- ... oftware-4/

This is an encrypted file, so went you try to open it, it looks like gibberish. You just want to keep a copy of it for safekeeping in case you need to reinstall TTS4. (Instructions for doing that are on the same page.)
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Ray-S
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks Michael. I was expecting a code like you find in the sleeve of the TTS software or RLV when I opened it and not line after line of gibberish.
I'll copy the whole file as it is without opening it. Does 3KB for the file sound about right?
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

When there are no extra keys for coded video's the basic lic fie is indeed 3 kB. With 10 coded video's it is 6 or 7 kB

MTB
Ray-S
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

MTB wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:37 pm When there are no extra keys for coded video's the basic lic fie is indeed 3 kB. With 10 coded video's it is 6 or 7 kB

MTB
Thanks for that.