offline license key registration and activation process.

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hello folks

I have been away for a few weeks as I had heart surgery due to hart rhythm problems.(to much hard training during my active competition cycling live of 40 years and the 5 years after !!!) So I had time the last week to investigate finish/crack the offline license key registration and activation process. It took long time, endurance and many tries. 95% of the structure of the key is known now. Some parts are unknown but aren't important to the activation process.
Today I finished the work.

Work done:
License generation with given basic key and computer name: OK
Make a trial/demo license for every video for a given period: OK
Repair license files: OK
Activate forever (Activation done) with a given (video) license key: OK
Append video licenses to a good working license file: OK

All is done based on the keys you own. It takes up to 30 minutes to make one personal key. (special automated script) I could work with self generated keys but I don't want to do this for legal reasons. :mrgreen:
It is like a windows license you have bought and want to transfer to another computer but is worthless unless you can activate.
As I use the original keys I think there is no problem for this forum to discus and try this. I hope you folks agree.
According the software agreement you may use the purchased key on one computer. If you want to transfer the software to another computer there is no legal issue. When re-activating a key which is lost for some reason I also see no legal issues.

By the way: I own all the video's which I have used

I am waiting for the first volunteer.

MTB
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Im game.. I have a 2 fully working TTS4 installs on dedicated PCs .. be good to be able to move to another without having to rename it etc. I also have films spread across both Pcs which would be good to consolidate onto one?
I have been told that I already have "Magic Keys" for TTS
crossy3000
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I'd be very interested in giving this a try
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

MTB wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:04 pmAccording the software agreement you may use the purchased key on one computer. If you want to transfer the software to another computer there is no legal issue. When re-activating a key which is lost for some reason I also see no legal issues.
Since each of us owns a legal copy and Tacx has publicly announced the end of life of the application and no longer provides support for TTS, then arguably the software agreement really no longer applies, otherwise Lunicus would not be able to provide downloads of the original Fortius application software.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

ms6073 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:37 pm
MTB wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:04 pmAccording the software agreement you may use the purchased key on one computer. If you want to transfer the software to another computer there is no legal issue. When re-activating a key which is lost for some reason I also see no legal issues.
Since each of us owns a legal copy and Tacx has publicly announced the end of life of the application and no longer provides support for TTS, then arguably the software agreement really no longer applies, otherwise Lunicus would not be able to provide downloads of the original Fortius application software.
The fact that the software is no longer supported does not cancel the rights of Garmin/Tacx under the license agreement nor does it cancel restrictions under any applicable copyright or piracy laws.

The download access of the Fortius software is done with the permission of Garmin/Tacx. They consented to this. I wish they would do the same with TTS and get rid of this problem. I don't think it would cost them much, financially speaking, to do so any more than having the Fortius software freely available does.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
mickyduck

As stated above I have genuine bought TTS licenses but inconveniently films spread across 2 different PC.. "MTB" has merged everything into a single .LIC file so now a lot less messing about if I ever need to move my install to another PC....
Apparently its a real pain so I would like to say thanks on this public forum
hansh
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Switzerland

Hi MTB
I have been sitting in front of my computer for days with the TTS4 software installed and trying to perform an offline activation.
Unfortunately, I recently had to reset my computer completely and lost my already activated licence file. However, I still have the previous licence key.
I have already visited various forums and read up on how to generate a magic key, but unfortunately my computer skills are probably too poor to manage this.
I read that you found a way to activate the software offline. Do you have any advice for me so that I can succeed?

With best regards
hansh
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Of course I can help you out
I have sent you a pm

MTB
Attachments
30 years of evaluation LOL
30 years of evaluation LOL
IMG_0507 (1).jpg (99.82 KiB) Viewed 126547 times
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

ms6073 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:37 pm
Lunicus has written authorisation from TACX to host and distribute the original Fortius application software.

Likewise, Lunicus has permission from each creator of the RLVs it hosts.

However, Lunicus does NOT have authorisation to provide, host, distribute or share TACX TTS licenses. Regardless of whether TTS is 'end of life' and/or users have legal copies of the TTS software (including TACX RLVs).

This is an area of frustration felt by many, including myself, of us who have legal copies of the software and cannot use it. While we are not affiliated with TACX / Garmin, we still need to abide by the terms of this site which clearly state that we do not encourage, promote or provide the use of piracy or warez distributions, or any otherwise illegal content.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
Job
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I am also sitting in frond of my computer trying to reinstall my TTS 4.0. I stil have my old TTS4.LIC file but this doesnot seem to work. I have an aditional copy working whitch I mananged to registrate juist befor the server was taken down. I also own a view videos. Unortionatly my videos aren’t working with the new registrated TTS.

Is it posible to do the complete registration proces.

THX Job
gilles_o99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Hello,
I have a copy of TTS 3.0 on DVD. This software is installed on a defective computer with Windows 7. I want to re-install this software on another computer with Windows 10. I have the license number in the DVD package and the license file from the old PC with Windows 7.
Could you help me for the procedure for a new installation on a Windows 10 computer ?

Thanks in advance,

Gilles Ouellet
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

gilles_o99 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:29 am Hello,
I have a copy of TTS 3.0 on DVD. This software is installed on a defective computer with Windows 7. I want to re-install this software on another computer with Windows 10. I have the license number in the DVD package and the license file from the old PC with Windows 7.
Could you help me for the procedure for a new installation on a Windows 10 computer ?

Thanks in advance,

Gilles Ouellet
There is a large amount of discussion of recovering a TTS4 installation on this forum. Some have said the procedure for recovery TTS3 is the same, so I would suggest you look around a bit. There is also a description for recovering TTS4 on another part of this website (link below). But all of this depends on having made a backup copy of your previous working license file. Your old license number is not used as all the Tacx license servers are shut down.

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/tacx- ... oftware-4/
Michael Corn
gilles_o99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I saw the post about the TTS4 installation. What is the procedure to install the TTS3 on another computer ?
As on the post you mentioned, I rename the new computer as the old one. I have the license file saved but when I tried to install the software I have a problem because the software do not detect the interface and the motor brake. I tried many times.
TTS3 install the driver in the Program Files\Garmin\USB\ANT USBXpress. Is this OK ?
Why the VR interface and the Motor Brake not detected ? How to resolve that problem ?
Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

What version of TTS3 are you trying to install? As I recall, the last full install disc version was 3.5. Earlier versions might have a problem installing on Windows 10. I just don't know. You are dealing with software that is quite old now (probably 10 years). And you should be aware that there may be releases of Windows 10 that will create incompatibilities.

I think you are safer with TTS3 using a Windows 7 version that is kept disconnected from the Internet for security.
Michael Corn
gilles_o99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I have TTS3 version 3.0
Do you have some idea if I could install version TTS4 with my actual license ? I suspect no...
I do not have a Windows 7 computer now.
Thanks,
Gutmann
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Switzerland

Hi, I would also need some help for reinstalling TTS3, I have the original license key but cannot obviously activate it...
Any help ?
Thanks
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I've three dvd's with a legal license key (boughtsecond hand).

How can I create a workaround because the activation server is no longer active?

I've windows 7 and tts3.8 running very well.
Kyke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

LeovanGaal wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:05 pm I've three dvd's with a legal license key (boughtsecond hand).

How can I create a workaround because the activation server is no longer active?

I've windows 7 and tts3.8 running very well.
¿Has conseguido activarlo?, tengo todos los DVD originales pero el HDD murió y no puedo activarlo.
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

In english please. I don’t t speak spanish(?).

If I understand: you have all dvd’s but your harddiskdrive is broken?

I have my three dvd’s activated by a so-called magic key.
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

http://w47.narod.ru/tts4.pdf

Interesting article about magic keys.
Last edited by LeovanGaal on Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

LeovanGaal wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:56 pm In english please. I don’t t speak spanish(?).
Use Google Translate. It works quite well.

https://translate.google.com/
Michael Corn
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Use Google Translate. It works quite well.

https://translate.google.com/

Thank you !!!
Never to old to learn something ....
amiles
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I have a still working version of TTS4 and a lot of videos. However the PC is now old and starting to play up.
I have managed to load TTS4 on a new pc and the licences transfer across to the new machine by copying the lic key but none of my videos will show up in the Films. I tried to install a video and it went out to the web and came back telling me Tacx is offline and halted the install. Is there a way to get these videos on the new PC or is this game over? Thanks for any assistance
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I’m not an user of tts4.
Fir tts3 I copied the tts3.lic file to the right destination. Restarted the software and it worked.
The names of both computers were the same.
amiles
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Yes the computer name is the same and when you go into setup licences all the videos show as activated but I can’t install
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

You have to copy the tts-files of the old computer) too. Then you don’t have to install the dvd’s again?
amiles
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I copied the settings that has the locations of the videos which is a different drive letter. I recreated the new pc with same drive letters and copied all files and directories so they look the same but each time I open the tts4 the settings file removes all the tts settings and reverts back to the 3 demo videos only even though I have the paths set the same as the old pc
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I think you don’t have to (or may not) change the drive-letters. The first time you start a dvd tts3/4 will ask for the location of the avi-file.
amiles
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

It’s not working for me. Also when I tried to install a dvd from scratch it asked for the licence key and as there is no authentication server it just bombed the install
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Remove the renaming of the drive-letters, and start over again with copying the tts-files.